“Disappointing”

Nando's
Ranked #125 of 474 Restaurants in Peterborough
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Nando's opened in Peterborough, be good to have it listed
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I've visited nandos twice. My first time wasn't very pleasant but I decided to give it another chance as my friend goes there and there wasn't any issue. So we went there on Tuesday evening which was a little bit busy and is understandable as i saw they were lacking in staff. So we ordered our food and waited patiently. After about 50 minutes our mains arrived. I would accept that as it was very busy and probably it took a while to get us in the queue for order, but my meal arrived cold. I saw it standing on the pick up area for a good moment and i was right it was mine. So i politely asked a waitress if she could warm it up as it is cold and she took my plate and left without the word. Before my meal arrived back my friend finished eating his food. Also the waitres just put the plate on the table and faded away. I haven't heard a single apology that evening. What surprises me the most was that table behind us had exactly the same problem and manager was there apologizing and also gave them a refund for their meal. I really felt like I was being discriminated. It is a huge NO for nandos. You doing it wrong.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This Nando's has the potential to be a huge attraction within Peterborough, while it is popular amongst the youth. It fails to fill the gap in the market of Halal meat. Making their meat Halal, would give Nando's the opportunity to access a wider audience.

Otherwise, the service is brilliant and the staff are lovely! The recent introduction of free wifi, means that it appeals to more than it did before.
The Nando's card is a great way of gaining repeating customers and offers an incentive.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

Was slightly worried when our son decided he wanted to go here for his birthday meal out as previous reviews had stated how slow the service was, also with me having Coeliac Disease I was also worried that they might not be clued up on gluten free and cross contamination. Having an NHS card helped with the bill as gave us 20% discount which was good. Food was average, the best thing I like was the corn on the cob, this was the hottest of the lot with the chicken following and the chips were barely luke warm but we did receive our food quite quickly after ordering, was in an out within an hour, the restaurant wasn't too busy either as got there not long after 6pm. Found the floor to be a bit mucky with chips or chicken skin strewn in some areas. Must admit this wouldn't be my choice to go for a meal to but it was my son's birthday and he wanted to go there, I don't think he was too impressed with the portion sizes too. Shared a boneless platter with my husband and stressed we needed it to be gluten free due to me being Coeliac, the following day I seem to be OK with no ill effects so assume it was fine. You have to order and pay for your food at the till at the beginning then they bring it out to you, drinks are bottomless so you are given a glass to help yourself to the drinks dispenser.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Love love Nandos. Perfectly cooked roasted chicken topped itch one of their Many different sauce options. Delicious fries. Great atmosphere. You wait to be seated, check out the menu, order at the counter, and they bring your food. Service was very good. Hard to believe it's a fast food chain. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Now one thing you can say about nandos is you generally get what you expect and standards are similar across the board. Tasty meal, fast service etc. Add to that being able to sit in the sun and enjoy the lovely weather and you're on to a winner. Only thing stopping 5 stars was the dirty tables around where I was sitting that remained uncleared for my whole visit