“Very good value budget B&B”
Review of Aaron Park

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Peterborough
Aaron Park
Ranked #21 of 35 Peterborough B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 May 2011

Rooms very clean & comfortable. Breakfast excellent. Hot water is-hot! Easy walking distance of city centre. 20min walk to & from station. Friendly service with a smile.
What more could you want for just a night or two.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 22 January 2011

I stay in a lot of B&Bs and unfortunately this one just wasn't up to scratch. The decor was very dated and overall the room didn't feel very clean. There were hairs in the bed, mould in the shower and there was a strong smell of drains when running the shower. The room was also cold - there was a large radiator but it needed bleeding as only the bottom inch or so emitted any heat. Unfortunately, the service was conspicuous by its absence, without anyone having the usual courtesy of asking me how my room was, did i need anything or whether i had enjoyed my stay. As such I didn't have the opportunity to raise any of these issues in a friendly way. To give it a plus though, the breakfast was reasonable with good sausages. Also all the images on the website show much nicer, modern-looking rooms so perhaps i was just unlucky to get the one that they haven't got to yet. Perhaps that's why they didn't dare ask if i had enjoyed my stay...!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank kazoo242
Reviewed 5 December 2010

Looks a bit jaded and small from the outside,but the welcome was warm and put us at ease.Room was very comfortable and well decorated.Compared to other B&B's we have stayed in, possibly a star short.We would not hesitate to use again.

Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2010

The title of the review tells you most about my stay. The B&B (it is not a hotel and it says "B&B" on their current business card) is only five minutes walk from the centre of Peterborough - great for sightseeing. The people were very friendly, with a helpful, welcoming approach and smiling faces. The only thing that disappointed me was the room. I was told they only had a twin available (I'd already booked a single online through Eviivo, but this may be the fault of the booking service, not the B&B). Of course, it had to be the same price, but as a solo traveller, I am particular about having single rooms, as opposed to twin bedded room. Secondly, I found a tissue on the floor, so it does not get five stars for cleanliness. Finally, I like to sleep with the window open at night to let in a flow of air. This was not possible, as I was on the ground floor and my room had an antiquated bay window with only a door which could open (this would have been a security risk).

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 July 2010

Friendly welcome and well decorated room with a new fitted carpet in bedroom and en-suite bathroom. Not a hygenic arrangement for the bathroom. For the two days I was there the hot tap delivered only luke-warm water and I had to boil a kettle to get hot water for shaving: fortunately the shower was electrically heated. The bedroom contained litter on the floor and table from a previous occupant. One of the table chairs had a seat that was nearly detached.

The breakfast was acceptable and the central location was very convenient.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 August 2009

The room and food were excellent, but their efforts to make your stay " like home" were unsurpassed. The owner was especially helpful in assisting me revise my travel schedule due to an unforseen change in plans. She let me use her telephone to make calls to all the other B & B's on my schedule, and would not let me pay for it. Then, she spent over an hour of her time using her computer to reprint revised train schedules for the balance of my two month trip. Later, when I inquired if there was a laundromat in town, she volunteered to do my laundry at no charge so I could spend the day doing "tourist things" rather than laundry. During my two month trip, it did not get better than this. If you want to visit an interesting town and stay at a nice B & B, look no further. This is it!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank GINO1928
Reviewed 11 May 2009

There are good parts and grim parts of Peterborough - but lots of people are doing it tough at the moment! Although the front may look a bit tired, inside the hotel our room was spacious, warm and comfortable. The host at breakfast was generous and convivial. It is an old style hotel - i.e. no bar or restaurant although these amenities were an easy walk away, as is the main shopping centre. A perfectly good place to stay if you have a limit on your budget and enjoy clean rooms.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family