“Clean, comfortable, quiet, friendly & well...”

Review of The Lodge

master bedroom superking bed
open plan lounge diner single with hidden guest bed to make up as a twin or double bedroom
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
open plan lounge diner
single with hidden guest bed to make up as a twin or double bedroom
modern fully equipped kitchen
fully enclosed sunny patio
floorplan
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 22 reviews

Reviews from our community

soeasilyp...
South England
“Clean, comfortable, quiet, friendly & well equipped - Perfect!”
Reviewed 16 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014

We had a great 4 night stay at Fen Acre with our 2 boys aged 8 and 11. The property was spotlessly clean & spacious with beautiful décor and everything you could possibly need. We even had a Wii console which kept the boys entertained once we managed to drag them in from the trampoline and zip-wire in the garden! The beds are very comfortable and the shower is luxurious. We would not hesitate to return to Fen Acre in the future.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
People with disabilities Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
acebai
“Fantastic Review”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014

Fantastic accommodation and extremely clean. We loved staying here and the owners were extremely welcoming. There was a basic supply of eggs, milk, cereals,etc to tie us over until we went shopping. Highly recommended.

Newcastle - Gateshead

Reviewed 13 January 2014 for a stay in September 2013

Older travelers
RadFern
London, Canada
“My children did not want to leave and are begging to go back...ASAP!”
Reviewed 28 August 2013 for a stay in July 2013

We recently traveled to the UK from Canada with two younger children, our first transatlantic trip as a family. I had a very good feeling about staying at Fen Acre from the get-go and we were not to be disappointed.

1) My questions about the property and booking arrangements were always answered promptly and courteously. I had quite a few questions, as my husband is 6 feet 8 inches tall and I wanted to ensure that the property would accommodate us adequately (which it did).

2) The property was spotlessly clean, tastefully decorated and modern. Beds were comfortable. Kitchen was well equipped and included a toaster (other self-catering properties we stayed at did not, which meant for lots of burnt toast and cursing). The owner had thoughtfully supplied a number of grocery items (fresh eggs from Fen Acre hen house, milk, margarine, some tasty Lincolnshire Plum bread, etc). Lots of tea too.
3) Washer and dryer were very handy for an extended stay with children. Plus there was a line for air drying.
4) When we travel as a family I generally avoid cramped, overpriced hotels, where there is little to entertain. Fen Acre is a nirvana for children. At the rear of the house and rentals is a very large, private garden containing a swing set, zip line (which my 11 year old describes as nothing less than awesome) and an enclosed trampoline. From the garden, the children can also watch the hens. For rainy days, there are lots of games and movies, plus a Wii.
5) We also appreciated the private patio and furnishings--nice for enjoying a morning coffee or an evening meal.

6) The owners were very welcoming and helpful.

7) Easy access to Peterborough and some fabulous local attractions such as Burghley House in stamford. We also used Fen Acre as a base to travel into London by train--service from Peterborough to London King's Cross is very good

8) My children did not want to leave Fen-Acre and other accommodations we stayed at on our vacation just could not measure up. We have lots of fond memories from Fen-Acre and I would return in a heartbeat.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Facilities for children. Modern and clean. Fabulous hosts
Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
28 Aug 2013
What a lovely review! Thank you so much. We loved having your family here and seeing them enjoying themselves in the garden. Hopefully, if you are ever back this way you will be able to make a return visit.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$86
Night
Week
Make Enquiry
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing