“Unbearable road noise in my room”

and 1 more site!
Travelodge Peterborough Alwalton
Ranked #19 of 27 Hotels in Peterborough
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Unbearable road noise in my room”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

The road noise made it impossible to sleep. There seemed to be some ventilation in the window of the room I was in that allowed a lot of noise from the A1 road the hotel is on. I assume the quieter rooms at the back of the hotel had all been taken up given that other reviews had reported this problem. I do not know if my room was worse than others facing the A1. The level of noise made it impossible for me to sleep and in the morning I just wanted to get out as I was so tired. When asked if I had a pleasant stay I just said yes as I wanted to leave asap. I was even tempted to just leave in the early hours of the morning and try and catch a couple of hours sleep in my car somewhere quiet. Given that the night before I had stayed at a lovely Travelodge that was comfortable and quiet, cheaper but just a few miles further out, I realise that in hindsight I made a bad selection with this hotel and in future I will make sure I read all the reviews. The staff were pleasant however I was too tired from trying to get to sleep all night that I did not mention to noise and just wanted to go asap. As for the facilities everything was fine except the shower was very low pressure, and the shower head so low that I had to crouch and still caught my head of the shower head. I am 6' so a normal height for a male.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank LeonJN
TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Care at Travelodge Peterborough Alwalton, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
We do hope that our guests have a peaceful nights sleep so it is regrettable to learn you were disturbed by the noise outside of the hotel LeonJN, in an attempt to reduce noise we do provide insulated walls and double glazing. We also expect that water pressure in the shower to be adequate for our guests so we are truly sorry to learn you found it to be unsatisfactory during your stay. We would like to further understand the issues you have highlighted to find a resolution. Please could you visit our website and select the Contact Us button to provide us with more details and when doing so please specify you have left a TripAdvisor review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

clean good position. nice helpful staff directing me to where I was going from the Travelodge. Would use again this location and other travelodges.
Great staff and cheerful approach to guests.
would use for business again and also for pleasure when taking family away and looking for a good location to places

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Phillip P
Scunthorpe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

we arrived early for check in and was made to feel very welcome whilst the receptionist arrived, The new bed arrangements and the space it provides is great but could perhaps do with fold up chairs to sit on now the sofa beds have gone.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Jarrow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

This is a clean hotel very convenient for the A1 when heading south (less than 30 seconds diversion). I arrived at 01:30 in the morning to be greeted by a very friendly, helpful night receptionist who was still on duty when I left at 7:00 and was still cheerful, friendly and helpful. Full marks for staff quality.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

Good price/quality ratio, if you're not expecting too much. Ask for a room on the back when booking to avoid noise from the A1.
There was a smell coming form the bathroom, so I had to make sure the bathroom door was closed at all times.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Leicester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

if you like a bed as hard as a blank of wood then this is the place to stay! we booked a twin room, expecting to find two single beds... when we got into the room we found one double bed... oh, no problem they said, they have a spare, pull out bed under the double bed.... well be warned, this is basically a base to a divan bed with no matteress! hard as a plank of wood! we had to ask for more duvets just to soften the bed to make it a tiny bit more comfortable!!!
the bathroom had no way been newly refurbished, the toilet bowl was cracked and the toilet itself gurgled the whole time.
not very happy customers!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

1 Thank Victoria L

Travellers are raving about these Peterborough hotels

Exmouth, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

we arrived late after travelling from devon, when we arrived we found my sister had made a mistake on the online booking and only booked 2 adults in each room, none of the childrens beds were made up. we went to reception who explained the mistake but luckily we had adam on reception who soon sorted it for us, running around getting us anything we needed. nothing was too much trouble. adam had it sorted very quickly so we could get the children settled down. the room was very nice, basic but very clean. the travelodge is on the main road but once iside i wasn't aware of the road. the only disappointment was the breakfast is from the little chef next door and very overpriced. but the actual travelodge was lovely.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family