“weekend break”

Travelodge Peterborough Alwalton
Ranked #20 of 27 Hotels in Peterborough
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Stayed overnight after family celebration in alwalton, reception staff were very pleasant booked a double room ,but staff gave us a family room on ground floor at the back of hotel room had a double bed and two singles, had lunch at the little chef adjacent to the hotel.the hotel is just off a motorway so we were glad we were at the back very quiet. clean and basic but quite adequate.Hotel has recently been refurbished would stay here again

Room Tip: rooms are quieter at the back due to motorway trafic noise at front of hotel
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank daisyjane10

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I love Travelodge! They provide everything you need for a comfortable , convenient stay at great value for money. The staff at Alwalton were exceptionally nice, even when we turned up unexpectedly with our dog. Tips;it is on the Motorway so some traffic noise in front rooms, but bearable. It is tricky to get to if you're coming from the South- watch out for small slip road just after BP garage.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Essexgirlnot
Reviewed 9 February 2014

WOW! What a wonderful transformation!

I first stayed there in 2012 and I had a very enjoyable experience,

However, my most recent stay was amazing!

I was unaware of the professional yet homely makeover of the rooms,

They look marvellous!

.The service was vert professional, the receptionist was more than happy to help me with all of my queries

The only criticism I can air is the room was a bit hot on arrival but that was soon rectified when the kind receptionist explained how to work the heating controls.

I do not really view this as a criticism as such, I view it more as personal preference.

I will be happily staying again and I urge everybody to stay at least once!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank luke e
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Just got back from a very pleasant stay here the staff were lovely and nothing was too much trouble, even the manager came out to talk to u which is very rare in hotels these days but a very nice welcome, the rooms had everything in them we needed and were always clean, the location is ideal as very accessible road in and out Of hotel and on the main route.
I would definitely recommend this hotel and I will be back when I next go to peterborough

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Harleylau
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I have been on business in the area for over a month and stayed at the Travelodge during the week. The rooms are always kept really clean and the bathrooms are modern. The beds are also very comfortable with four big fluffy pillows.. The staff were all really friendly and dealt with all of my needs with efficiency and speed. They always made you feel welcome each day. I have stayed in other Travelodges over the years and this is better than any of the others in this area. I would definatley recommend this hotel for a peaceful stay.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank lynn b
Reviewed 10 January 2014

The road noise made it impossible to sleep. There seemed to be some ventilation in the window of the room I was in that allowed a lot of noise from the A1 road the hotel is on. I assume the quieter rooms at the back of the hotel had all been taken up given that other reviews had reported this problem. I do not know if my room was worse than others facing the A1. The level of noise made it impossible for me to sleep and in the morning I just wanted to get out as I was so tired. When asked if I had a pleasant stay I just said yes as I wanted to leave asap. I was even tempted to just leave in the early hours of the morning and try and catch a couple of hours sleep in my car somewhere quiet. Given that the night before I had stayed at a lovely Travelodge that was comfortable and quiet, cheaper but just a few miles further out, I realise that in hindsight I made a bad selection with this hotel and in future I will make sure I read all the reviews. The staff were pleasant however I was too tired from trying to get to sleep all night that I did not mention to noise and just wanted to go asap. As for the facilities everything was fine except the shower was very low pressure, and the shower head so low that I had to crouch and still caught my head of the shower head. I am 6' so a normal height for a male.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank LeonJN
TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Care at Travelodge Peterborough Alwalton, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

We do hope that our guests have a peaceful nights sleep so it is regrettable to learn you were disturbed by the noise outside of the hotel LeonJN, in an attempt to reduce noise we do provide insulated walls and double glazing. We also expect that water pressure in the shower to be adequate for our guests so we are truly sorry to learn you found it to be unsatisfactory during your stay. We would like to further understand the issues you have highlighted to find a resolution. Please could you visit our website and select the Contact Us button to provide us with more details and when doing so please specify you have left a TripAdvisor review.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

clean good position. nice helpful staff directing me to where I was going from the Travelodge. Would use again this location and other travelodges.
Great staff and cheerful approach to guests.
would use for business again and also for pleasure when taking family away and looking for a good location to places

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business