“Well worth a visit”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Maldon, United Kingdom
“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Fed up with the "formula" pubs where the same old boaring menu is trotted out, then go to the Rose and Crown and you are in for a real treat. A proper village pub, great original food (four clean plates including the chilldren's) great beer a warm welcome and first class service. We will certainly return.

1 Thank Tiddles-the-Caravan

“Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

It was our first visit.My husband and I opted for 3 courses for £15.45 which we thought was very good value for money.My husband had prawn cocktail and I had broccoli and stilton soup to start.Both were excellent.For the mains my husband and children had roast beef and I had pork with creamed potatoes and vegetables.We all thought the food was scrumptious.Then it was dessert time.My husband had treacle tart with custard, I had lemon meringue pie with chantilly cream and the kids had chocolate fudge cake.We were all in heaven.I was very impressed with the service.We were'nt waiting for very long between courses and the waitresses were very attentive.The bill was a modest £64 and that included 6 drinks that we had.We will definitely be returning in the near future and will be recommending friends and family to try the rose and crown too.

2 Thank Helen J
Peterborough
“Fantastic food for a little village pub”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

I live in Thorney and often visit the rose and crown for dinner with my family. We've pretty much had most options off the menu (both mains and dessert) and can honestly say we have never had a bad meal here. The confit of lamb and plaice deppoise is to die for!

Great fast and friendly service, great prices, excellent food. What more can you want from your local? I would highly recommend a visit.

1 Thank Lfoley1
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Best pub food in Peterborough”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

The Rose and Crown is our local pub, how lucky are we. We have never had a bad meal.So nice to have an excellent meal couple of drinks with your family and walk home. The pub is old that's good in our opinion, no heavy music blasting out. The service very good staff very attentive. We have had most of the meals on the menu and cannot fault any of them.
Recommend you try this pub.

• Visited May 2014
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

1 Thank Susan S
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic food the best in area.”
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Brilliant night lovely food. Would highly recommend. Steve's food is the best around. Service was fantastic great atmosphere. X

1 Thank MatinGall