“Great :)”

Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Pleasantly surprised. Good atmosphere, plenty of choices on the menu, different to the usual fayre expected. Staff were very attentive, nothing was too much trouble, food was excellent, will definitely be going back again.

1  Thank christine282

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Just got back from our first visit to the pub.
Not a very warm welcome, staff somewhat 'grumpy', everything seemed a bit too much effort.
Ordered food. Starter £6.50 for just an average pate!
Cod Thai Curry, £15.50, fresh but no taste, no hint of any spice.
Partners 'medium' steak was almost well done, disappointing!
Asked for bill. Bought to table then no one came back. Had to queue at the bar to pay! Shocking!

Wouldn't return. Customer service skills severely lacking. Over priced, under seasoned, and an overlooked steak.

6  Thank Dee W
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Wow! This is seriously good food! Another gorgeous Sunday lunch at The Blue Bell in Glinton and three courses for only £19.95. I can clearly see why nine out of ten people positively rave on about this pub/restaurant but I just can’t get my head around the last reviewer whose remarks totally astound me! Too expensive?? Not enough food?? Rubbish!! I guess they would’ve been more suited to a cheap and cheerful Toby or Crown Carvery or perhaps an ‘all you can eat’ buffet where you tend to scoff yourself silly making sure you get more than your money’s worth!! It really isn’t all about quantity…it’s also about QUALITY. This is fine gastro pub food at its very best offering the customer something quite different to the usual run-of-the-mill town and city eateries. I’ve eaten here many times since the pub’s transformation and have never been disappointed. On this last occasion, for my main - I had the Sunday roast which may I point out is plentiful and absolutely delicious and you can clearly taste the difference – fine cuts of meat, homemade Yorkshire puds and an array of carefully sourced vegetables. On a nice summer’s day it’s also a bonus to have the picturesque front lawn garden to sit out in and relax with a drink or two not forgetting the recently landscaped idyllic rear patio/lawn garden with plenty of seating. I’m going to give steak night on a Wednesday a go next which I’ve heard great reports about. I really do love this place…does it show?!!

1  Thank bay_of_naples_1801
Reviewed 13 July 2014

At £11.95 for a main course (sunday dinner) and no lower priced childs menu it's VERY expensive. None of us, including the kids, felt full afterwards and at an extra £4 each for second course it certainly wasn't worth it. And over £3 for a pint of coke???

Needless to say, we'll not be going again.

5  Thank gnats_dinner
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We ate here last night, good service and friendly. The 'nibbles' choices were tasty, we ordered 3 to share between 4 of us. The monkfish Thai curry was tasty, but no real chilli/spice taste, which was a shame. 2 of our group said the rice was undercooked, I thought it was OK, although a little 'crunchy' for Jasmine rice. The belly pork was tasty, but the crackling wasn't crispy enough. Chocolate brownie pud was lovely, my husband found his trifle slightly odd as it didn't have any custard in it and it was a small portion for £5.95. Overall, we were pleased with our meal, the service and atmosphere, but I don't agree with some of the other reviewers saying it's excellent, the chef could learn from The Waterton Arms in Deeping St James!

2  Thank blunderer