“cooking course, beginner”

Price range: US$14 - US$42
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Bollywood Tiger is a boutique style indian restaurant in Yaxley, Cambridgeshire. Bollywood Tiger passionately projects itself in showcasing a unique style of Real Authentic Indian home cooking and Desi street food in a Modern dining surrounding.
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I attended the cooking course today given to me as a present and thoroughly enjoyed it! I got shown how to make several different Authentic Indian dishes (of my choice!) step by step using all fresh ingredients and spices (some that i'd never even heard of before!) The owner running the course was v.professional aswell as being friendly and helpfull, he really looked after me and made the course feel personal by answering all questions and queries i had.

Not only did i get to eat everything after, which was superb, but he even went to the trouble of ringing me in the evening and getting a driver to deliver a dish i left behind to my house!!! Great afternoon and highly recommended course and to anyone!! :)

1  Thank tom846

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Came across the restaurant by chance when visiting our Aunt in Yaxley. Found the staff very attentive and helpful, food was excellent. we will definitely visit again.

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

I feel very upset with some of the reviews on this page. Are you sure you went to the right place? This is exactly what we have been waiting for. Somewhere you can enjoy cocktails in the sun, and enjoy authentic, tasty Indian food. I have been in the kitchens to book in my cooking classes and it's immaculate as does all of the schools that have also taken advantage of the bosses expertise.
I enjoy the food here so much that we travel over from Bourne regularly to enjoy the extensive menu and wonderful tasting food.
Hats off to the boss for the consistent friendliness by yourself and your team, fantastic food and cleanliness throughout the restaurant. 5* all the way.

1  Thank Salomally
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I have eaten at Bollwood Tiger quite a few times now and have always found the food to be first class, the staff are very attentive and the owner (Jaks) is always keen to explain how the dishes are made and to offer advice if you want to try something new. Indian cuisine is obviously his passion & hobby as well as his livelihood.

Today I attended a the restaurant's 'School of Spice' cookery class (a birthday present from my wife), I said I wanted to learn how to cook a fantastic prawn dish and how to make vegetables more interesting. Jaks showed me how to prepare the ingredients and when to add each one (and the spices) to get the final finished dishes. Vegetables will never be dull again!

I thoroughly enjoyed my time and best of all I got to eat the results. I can't reccommend this ecperience enough if you are a fan of Indian cuisine.

1  Thank Steve M
Reviewed 4 May 2014

The menu is outstanding with a good range of authentic Bangladeshi dishes to boot. Bones and groans as punters salivate over the delicacies on offer. We have visited a few times now and the food is consistently tasty. We have been mid week and also at weekends. The place is always busy including their capacity to cater for the number of takeaways heading out the door! I would be loathe to advise that this is the best curry house in Peterborough but only because I selfishly want to be able to book a table when I want a damn good curry!

1  Thank Seemples2