“Wimpish”
Review of Wimpy

Wimpy
Ranked #325 of 456 Restaurants in Peterborough
Reviewed 8 May 2014

What a complete load of rubbish. I ordered the so called Wimpy Grill consisting of a Pork Bender, a pitiful egg, french fries, and a half cooked beefburger for £6.65 - if I had seen the all day breakfast I could have had 9 items for £5.99. Overpriced and a very poor experience. I no sooner plonked my backside on the seat than I was approached "what do I want a drink"? Barely time to gather my wits and find a menu. I tend to drink in accordance with what I eat.
The price structure is not conducive with what they are dumping on the plate.

I will not be going back, it is my second visit this year and I find no reason to give any plus points. This organisation is a shadow of what it used to be - going back 20 to 30 years ago. It is a sham and has nothing but nothing to convince me otherwise - I say avoid and visit other eateries that I am sure will provide much much more value for money. By the way, the background music even though not by original artists really is painful to listen to - just adds to the off-putting ambience.

My partner had Scampi - I believe the creature scampered away - what was in the breadcrumbs was nothing short of barely cooked, the accompanying greenery was dry and stale. Not impressed and never going back.

2  Thank Steve A

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Absolutely awful. Never been to a Wimpy before and certainly won't return. It has no atmosphere. Cheap sticky plastic menus. Badly laid out with cheap furniture. Terrible service the waitress just banged the drink down. Food is expensive for what you get. Milkshake very powdery.

1  Thank lolo0000
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We were walking through Peterborough doing a bit of shopping and looking for somewhere for a it of lunch when I spotted a Wimpy Bar,I said to Ann my wife I haven't had a Wimpy burger for years and used to love them,we decided to go in much to our regret it was the worst service and burger, never mind a Wimpy burger,all my memories shattered..

1  Thank craig53
Reviewed 12 March 2014

very good meal and the staff was very helpfull.cheap meal and freshly cooked to order.the place was very clean and tidy

1  Thank Russclarke48
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I wouldn't normally write a review of a Wimpy restaurant, but the guy who runs this place and his staff deserve a mention and an acknowledgement for getting things spot on.

This is the only place in Peterborough city centre where you can get a "full English" before eight o'clock in the morning (unless you want to visit the Bull Hotel opposite - no thanks), the items on the plate are always recognisable for what they are (unlike Mannings next to the market), the food served is always hot and isn't left standing (unlike the College Arms, even when the place is empty) and the staff pleasant and efficient - one even popped out to buy the morning's papers so I could have a read over my second cup of tea. This place also scores five gongs (out of five) on the Food Standards Agency hygiene inspection framework, so you're highly unlikely to leave with with anything other than a full belly.

Well done guys. Much appreciated.

1  Thank NGB_May2007