“Fabulous”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Have just eaten for the first time at Indiya Garden but it will not be our last! It was the best Indian meal we have had in years, so tasty and spicy we cannot believe what we had for the price! Staff brilliant , all we can say is PETERBOROUGH GET TO THIS RESTAURANT !! You do not know what you are missing !!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Julesknight17

Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Best Indian I've had for a long time! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

I would highly recommend the Indiya garden! This is the first time I've eaten at this restaurant and the food was very fresh and full of flavour!! Raj also brings the highest quality of service after his 20 years in the industry... You will be very well looked after and enjoy the great good with a friendly atmosphere... :)

“Amazing! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

This was my first time at Indian garden and I would say it's the best Indian I've had for a very long time in Peterborough, Raj brings great service from his 20 years of experience and makes you feel very welcome! I would Highly recommend a visit to what I would say is the freshest Indian food in town! :)

“Impressive Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

Ignoring the one-review wonders that pop up after a new restaurant opens.........

This is a revamped blend of nouveau cuisine with spices. These guys have done a great job of updating the look and feel of the restaurant together with an updated menu offering some new fangled dishes and some old-fangled dishes with new-fangled names including lamb Nehari.

Having enjoyed Nihari (sic) in India, I was eagerly expecting some succulent lamb shank pieces with bones in a thin but deeply spicy sauce. What arrived was more reminiscent of lamb bhuna flavoured with the compulsory star anise of Nihari. I suspect the "Authentic Indian Cuisine" tag hints of a bygone era and that this was version of the recipe for the more reserved British palate. Joy...

There was general consensus that the various starters of choice were tasty and well presented and we all shared a little to sample. The sides and sundries were as ever, de rigeur...

For service alone this restaurant outdoes most other "Indian" genre restaurants in Peterborough and that should be commended and emulated elsewhere. It's well worth a visit providing you don't elevate your expectation beyond reasonable bounds.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Seemples2
United Kingdom
“Indiya Garden (formerly known as Royal Spice)”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

My wife and I went in March 2014, after receiving a 50% off food offer. We've been regular customers of this restaurant for 13 years or so. This restaurant has been rebranded, re-decorated after a short closure, so, we were interested to see what had changed. It appears the main change to the restaurant is the chef.
I want to be honest and fair about my review; service was friendly, warm welcome and the waiters were attentive, but not intrusive. However, the food was not to my taste and has changed considerably. Chicken Jalfrezi is not normally chicken tikka that has been served with a sauce, also my dish didn't contain any green chilli's, like it suppose to.
Not sure if we'll be returning, as during the restaurants' closure, we had to find another Indian restaurant, that we know serves the food correct, hot, fresh, along with the sauces that have also been hand prepared fresh that day; just makes Indian food taste a whole lot better, when it's done properly....Sorry.

• Visited March 2014