“Nice Stay in Independent Hotel”
Review of Newark Hotel

and 1 more site!
Newark Hotel
Ranked #23 of 27 Hotels in Peterborough
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Cheaper than the travel lodge ( by about £20.00), nice and clean, nice bar, good breakfast included. Would stay again in a heartbeat. Easy access to the A1 with really friendly staff. Trip advisor want 200 characters but not much else to say really!

Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 27 July 2014

stayed here for 2 nights with my lads (work in the construction ind) they charged me £340.00.for 2 rooms 2 nights,everything in the hotel is 1970 ties,old and tired and falling to pieces .the first thing to go was the towel rail i touched it and it fell to the floor,and as for the shower it was one of those
that come from the bath taps ,impossible to set but it didn't make any difference because the shower head had about 15 outlets it took me 10 minuets to get wet and 15 minuets to get rid of the soap.
very sorry would have to be really desperate to stay there again ohh and all the plaster falling of in the hall way to room 3 because of rising damp it only needed rigsby at the reception?
got woken up at 4.15am some one up stairs had a shower and the pipe work was in my room (rattling and banging for 20 minuets (nightmare)

2  Thank Slauco P
Reviewed 27 July 2014

A friendly welcome on a very hot afternoon to this quaint but spotlessly clean small Hotel. Basic accommodation with hints of retro such as the odd 1960's door handle here and there, just what I wanted and a most suitable price too ( £35, 20014). The breakfast was wide ranging and cooked to perfection.
Highly reccommended !

Room Tip: I had a single room on the ground floor - no problems
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We usually stay at a Premier Inn but as we were visiting friends and this hotel was just around the corner we thought we would save the £40 difference in price and stay here. This hotel was clean and the staff were friendly. The breakfast was also excellent. However our double en suite was sparse and in need of updating.The room overlooked the outside smoking area and we did suffer from a bit of noise. The room was also extremely hot even with the small window open. There was no soap supplied and you had to ask for a hairdryer in Reception. All in all we would not stay here again. The hotel is what it is, a clean but basic hotel in need of updating.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 July 2014

A very professionally run hotel and outstanding value for money. Spotlessly clean room & very good service coupled with a proper English breakfast served quickly. Don't be put off by booking a non en suite room (as I did) - there are plenty of clean & tidy bathrooms available. My room wasn't large but then again I didn't pay for a large £'s and I knew what I was getting when I booked - I wanted a clean, tidy & quiet room which is exactly what I got. As someone who stays in an awful lot of hotels up and down the UK (this was the 3rd hotel in as many days), I couldn't fault it. It's a well run hotel for people on business rather than a 'romantic' get away. Absolutely no hesitation in booking again as & when needed.

2  Thank Carl T
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Easy to find, clean, comfortable, room was a good size, Bar on site, excellent Breakfast.
Would have liked Evening Meals to be available later if poss (finished 8:15) but in fairness they have to stop serving at some point - so not a big deal really.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TimboD407
Reviewed 4 April 2014

The Newark Hotel offers good value for money. Very friendly and helpful staff. The evening meal menu offers a wide choice of snacks and full meals from soup to steak. The portion of scampi and chips I had was of generous proportions. You can eat in the dining room or in the bar. Breakfast is self service for veritable etc. but the cooked breakfasts are made to , order. My room was very clean and comfortable, but only a hand held shower over the bath. I would happily use this hotel again for my business trip.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business