“Excellent 40th Anniversary Weekend”

Great Northern Hotel
Ranked #9 of 27 Hotels in Peterborough
Grimsby
“Excellent 40th Anniversary Weekend”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Room excellent, maid/room service excellent, reception team excellent, restaurant team excellent! You must if going to Peterborough try this hotel . . You will not be disappointed. Nice touch a basket of fruit, with a card for our anniversary. To everyone at the hotel thank you very much. We will be back . . .

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Shaun R, General Manager at Great Northern Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
JohnGrimsby

Congratulations again on your 40th anniversary..

We are so pleased that your weekend was so enjoyable and we had a small part to play in this..I do hope that we will see you again at the Great Northern Hotel.
We constantly review our services and your feedback is crucial to gage how we are achieving our levels of service, and facilities.

Shaun Rollinson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Bexleyheath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel for the weekend and had a wonderful time. It was spotlessly clean and the food was lovely. The staff were helpful, polite and above all else, very friendly. I was dubious about the location, opposite the train station, but can honestly say, it made not one bit of difference once you were inside.
An absolute gem, and I have already recommend to friends.

Anne f

It is always a pleasure to hear that our guests enjoy the Great Northern Hotel.
We do try to provide simple but effective service , and as you kindly noted, impeccable cleanliness.

I do hope that we will see yourself and your husband again, and we do appreciate the fact that you are already recommending our hotel.

On behalf of myself and my staff...our sincere thanks.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed here for one night on my way from late meetings in London and was off to Norfolk the next day, and had the most comfortable night's sleep. It still feels like a historic railway hotel, and the rooms and even the corridors feel atmospheric with their wooden panelling. The staff were very reassuring and attentive, responding to my email informing them I was going to be arriving late and telling me it was going to be OK. I didn't have time for breakfast, but found the room to be extremely clean, large and comfortable, quiet -- just perfect. They have the right priorities for a hotel: comfort without fussiness, brilliant customer service (especially Lidia!) and value for money. Thank you!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Shaun R, General Manager at Great Northern Hotel, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Artand Artefacts

Your kind comments are much appreciated.

We do strive to meet our customer expectations with the minimum of fuss and pretentiousness, whilst providing good value for money.

I will pass on your comments to all the team , especially Lidia who , I agree, is a valuable asset to the hotel.

We wish to see you again next time you pass the Great Northern Hotel.

Rotherham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014

A large imposing hotel our bedroom was superb 1st floor No 125 with a four poster bed, Food was very good by Chef Mark with very large portions, Only drawback no lift, but had cases carried to the bedroom. no air condition but fans provided

Room Tip: plenty of parking or across from the railway station
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Shaun R, General Manager at Great Northern Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Patricia j

Thank you for your review..I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel, and I will certainly pass on your comments to Mark
Your other comments are issues we know about...and have been discussed as to what solutions are available.
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I recently stayed here and the room was far too too hot, and very noisy rooms and smokers were outside my room which made it smokey and noisy and disturbing to me. Breakfast was good and the room was well equipped large

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Faceyreviews
Shaun R, General Manager at Great Northern Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Faceyreviews

Thank you for your comments, and I am sorry that you had a terrible nights sleep.

Our rooms do not have AC but we do offer fans if requested,...I am sorry about the outside noise we do ask our guests to respect other residents and behave quietly

I do hope that these issue have not dampened your opinion of the Great Northern Hotel..and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Regards
General Manager,
Saltash, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We had an excellent room. Breakfast was very good with plenty of choices for all. Cooked food was freshly prepared to order and was delicious.
We had an excellent stay for 2 nights and highly recommend this hotel. The railway station is literally yards away, but there was no problem with noise.

Room Tip: There was no air conditioning in our room on 1st floor and despite it facing North, it was very hot...
Helen E

Thank you for your kind comments..

We do pride ourselves on using fresh produce at all times, and cooking to order..

I do hop that we will see you back at the hotel very soon

Peterborough UK
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Spur of the moment booking. Excellent deal. Nice room but NOT what I would have called an executive room but perhaps it's the room size that decides, in which case it's a shame. Huge room, there was room for a sofa but only two chairs. The desk was too high and it was impossible to see in the mirror sat down! Nice bathroom but nothing fancy, I had expected bathrobes but no. Why, oh why have flat bottom sheets on the bed?? Surely everyone has fitted ones now? Had to re-make the bed as the sheet was at least 3 inches down from the top! The curtains looked like a child had sewn the hem up and the dry cleaning ticket was still safety pinned to the bottom!
However all in all a lovely hotel and a lovely impromptu stay; love the fact that there was a fridge in the room!
Room with a view? Very small window, overlooking the back of the kitchen entrance and the carpark but at least the parking was free!

Jillyflower

Thank you for your constructive comments, and rest assured that they have been taken on board..

We appreciate all feedback and act on it accordingly so that we can constantly improve our guest experiences...

I am glad that other than the points raised you would return to the hotel and we certainly would love to see you again.