“Great Experience”

Monroes Bar & Restaurant
Price range: US$11 - US$32
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Grill, Fusion
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: An American style Steakhouse and Cocktail Lounge, The Best Steaks and Fine dining fusion mixed with amazing Classic and Signature Cocktails, Offering Peterborough a classy and enjoyable dining or drinking experience.
Reviewed 24 May 2014

My husband and I visited Peterborough in May 2014. We passed Monroes and wanted to try it out. Unique layout from the outside. We went to dinner at 7pm and did not leave until after 1am. The food and service was fantastic. The layout was great; have dinner upstairs and downstairs for dancing. The DJ and Bar Staff ensured you enjoyed yourself. Its was great. Now we have a reason to return to Peterborough, UK.

The Ingham's - Bermuda

1  Thank Jeanann I
There are newer reviews for Monroes Bar & Restaurant

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Great food, great service, and great surroundings. Couldn't rate the place more highly.Would Highly recommend it to anyone.

1  Thank Mags T
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

The restaurants is quite small and more personal which I thought was nice. The food was amazing and extremely well presented with friendly, smiley staff. The cocktails and broad variety of drinks they stock were also impressive. Overall just a great place for really good food and to chill out with a drink. Exactly what Peterborough needed and will definitely be going again.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I visited with my best friend, although it wasn't so busy the atmosphere was nice. The staff were lovely and the food was excellent. I'd definitely return.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Had clients visiting from Scotland and wanted to take them somewhere nice but not to over the top. Had heard about Monroes, after checking the website, their menu offers good variety without overdoing it.

When we arrived the place was empty, but it was a Tuesday night so wasn't overly worried and definitely didn't have any reason to be.

The buffalo wings for starters went down well and the serving of Mussels was huge. We all had a steak for main course and it was cooked exactly how I'd asked. There was a lot of spinach as previously mentioned but it's good for you :-) presentation was absolutely superb.

One of my fellow diners had a pudding as the rest of us didn't have room. He had the lemon and white chocolate cheesecake which he said was the best cheesecake he had ever tasted.

The service was great didn't feel uncomfortable about being the only ones there, ambience was great.

Will definitely be going back as there are other dishes I want to try and I want to leave the car at home so as I can indulge in a cocktail.

Definitely worth a visit for good food and not to costly either.