“Best Steak in Peterborough”
Review of Monroes Bar & Restaurant - CLOSED

Monroes Bar & Restaurant
Price range: US$11 - US$33
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Grill, Fusion
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: An American style Steakhouse and Cocktail Lounge, The Best Steaks and Fine dining fusion mixed with amazing Classic and Signature Cocktails, Offering Peterborough a classy and enjoyable dining or drinking experience.
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I've never written a review before but had to share the excellent experience we had last night at Monroe's. We pre-booked by email and right from the start we felt welcomed by the manager. We arrived at the venue which being a Tuesday was quiet which was perfect for us as we were there to celebrate our wedding anniversary.

When a restaurant/bar is not very busy you often are ignored by staff who talk among themselves but at Monroe's it couldn't be further from the truth. We were welcomed when we came in and manager remembered it was our anniversary, its personal touches like this that make all the difference.

We went straight to the bar to samples some of their cocktails. I love a cocktail but normally find them a little pricey and watered down, the cocktails here are very reasonably priced and there's certainly no skimping on the quality or quantity of each cocktail.

The Barman is very friendly and happy to discuss all the cocktails with you and offer advice if you're not sure which you fancy, you get a real feeling of his passion for the cocktails which is not surprising as he created some of them.

We were able to pre-order our meal from downstairs and be called up as soon as it was ready which was a nice touch.

I ordered the fillet steak and my husband ordered the rib-eye, I'm normally wary of ordering steak at a restaurant as I've had so many tough or poorly cooked steaks. Our steaks were both obviously quality bits of meat and were cooked to perfection, I had my steak cooked medium and it melted in my mouth. The steaks came with the most amazing chips. I'm not a chips lover but I just couldn't resist and I even managed to get my husband to eat a fair amount of the accompanying spinach which was cooked beautifully.

The restaurant is lovely upstairs and the restaurant manager is attentive whilst also allowing you to eat your meal in peace.

As we went on a Tuesday the meals were buy one get one free which is a bargain, however, had we gone on a different night the meals were definitely worth the full price.

I couldn't recommend this restaurant more, we had a wonderful evening and were made to feel very special. We will return and tell all our friends. Thank you.

4  Thank Gemma C

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Heard that this place was nice to go for a few drinks and cocktails. The place was empty when we went in, but thought we'll quickly go to the loo's then we'll order some drinks luckily before we went in we saw a barman as we were worried the place wasn't open as it was so quite. The toilet I went into was disgusting to say the least so bad I waited for my friend so I could use that toilet instead. They saw the toilets can say a lot about a place and it certainly did for us as we were out that door like a flash and can't say we will be returning!

1  Thank Danielle Roisin S
MonroesBar, General Manager at Monroes Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Hi Danielle,

Can you give me some more information about what time you joined us?

We have a strict daily cleaning process for our toilets and take part in regular toilet checks through out the evening and this is extremely unlike us at Monroes.

Many thanks

Keith Fletcher

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Every time I visit monroes it gets better and better !!!

Food ...excellent!
Service...excellent!
Drinks/cocktails...AMAZING!!

1  Thank Sarah120191
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Visited 6/6/14 for my friends birthday.

I arrived a little early and sampled some cocktails from the list, Martini & a Bloody Mary, both excellent!

Food was also excellent, my steak was cooked just a little to much for my liking but had such a fantastic flavour was not going to make any issues about it.

A really great evening with some really great friends.

Thanks to Tim & Keith for a creating something out of the ordinary, I hope that this place goes from strength to strength.

1  Thank IRW1968
Reviewed 12 June 2014

After visiting Monroes a few times, I have to say my opinion gets better and better. Their food is always to standard and they always deliver high quality. For a few drinks at the weekend I have enjoyed trying and tasting their cocktail menu, they're cocktails are made in front of you to see and are worth the money. Everytime I have visited the establishment, the staff have always presented a friendly and welcoming environment, filled with a warm and entertaining atmosphere. Their weekends always have entertaiment which equally adds to make Monroes a favourite amongst my friends and I.