“a little disappointing”

Ranked #33 of 455 Restaurants in Harrogate
Price range: US$0 - US$61
Cuisines: Delicatessen, British, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 26 August 2014

we have eaten at Bettys in York but this was our first visit to Harrogate. Queued for approx 30 minutes which wasn't too bad. Service was good and the surroundings were pleasant but to be honest, we've had much better food elsewhere for half the price. I had the chicken and bacon omlette which tasted of nothing! My husband had a rosti which he said was average. We had two soft drinks, two coffee's and two cakes. The bill was £47 which for what we had was very overpriced. I know some of it's about the place and the experience, but I'm afraid we won't be eating there again, just too pricey for average food.

1  Thank Alyson B

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Food was beautiful and the staff were very professional. It's the first time I've been to the Harrogate cafe, and i would definitely come again.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

My sisters and i took our 83year old Mother on a trip down memory lane, including a trip to Bettys.
We had to queue, but not for too long.
I had been looking forward to trying the famous Fat Rascals.
Have to say they are very overrated and overpriced.
Have had much nicer afternoon tea, much cheaper in other tea rooms
Would not bother again

Reviewed 25 August 2014

The service was excellent, the cakes wonderful, the tea refreshing. There was a queue even on a Thursday afternoon, but we didn't have that long to wait. We were put in the room downstairs which has no windows, which I feel tempers the atmosphere and I always prefer to have a window to people watch. Also, I did expect it to be expensive, but didn't expect the sandwiches to be so small and without anything on the side.

Nice, but there are other tea shops doing similar/slighty better.

Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Never been to Betty's as I personally think it stands for everything that's wrong with Harrogate but I finally gave in & went (under protest) & I couldn't have been more underwhelmed despite going with an open mind. Average service, stale sandwiches & dry cake. The whole place just tries far too hard. If it was that good why is it only the 55th best Harrogate restaurant on here??? If you're visiting Harrogate their are plenty of much better restaurants that don't have to rely on a reputation...

1  Thank Jonny W