“Good food good service”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Give cafe rough a go for good food,good service .My wife,granddaughter and i visit on a regular basis and never have a bad experience .Alex is such a star there giving world class service . Thanks.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

The waiter was very welcoming but sadly that was the high point of the visit. Slightly too hard bread with lovely dipping garlic butter. My friend had sea bass that was overcooked and dry. She asked for less potatoes and more beans and was given no potatoes. When she pointed this out we were told they'd see what they could do and did nothing. I had an okay salad with dry chicken. The atmosphere was nice but too few staff, slow service and average food.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Staff were very friendly and attentive. Was really impressed with the choice of menu, and didn't really enjoy the food too much, but it was okay. 7/10

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Attended this restaurant late afternoon and the place was virtually deserted.
My partner and I attended for a late lunch and from being warmly welcomed to being served our food the experience was very good.
We had Moules and Beef Bourguignon both of which were very tasty, well presented and served with the minimum of a wait.

On this occasion I can only say that I would recommend this restaurant and will eat again at my next visit to Harrogate and hope the experience is repeated.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Food and service good as you find at most Café Rouge restaurants. Unfortunately no fish or seafood available on the day we visited but the chicken Breton and beef bourguignon were both very tasty and the pate starter delicious.

1  Thank PinaColada20