“Great start to a great weekend”
Review of Chez La Vie - CLOSED

Chez La Vie
Price range: US$19 - US$39
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
“Great start to a great weekend”
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Myself and my girlfriend eat out at least 3 times a week, we visited chez la vie on Saturday 7th June, the service was impeccable and the food was Devine.
I myself had the French onion soup, which as the last time I was here was excellent, my partner had the deep fried brie wedges which was as equally delicious.
For our main course I had the Roast rump of lamb which was perfect and my partner request a starter dish (Seafood Pancake Thermidor) for main her main course, which they obliged by doubling the portion size, complete with veg that was done to perfection. This made the main course Great.
We had Passo Doble Malbec wine which really complemented the meal and finish off with Irish coffees, perfect.
The service was excellent apart from the guy who poured our wine was a little nervous and couldn't stop shaking.
All together it was a great experience, Thank you

Visited June 2014

Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Dropped points due to service”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Went wed 4 June for my 50th bday. Table booked for 9.15pm due to friends family commitment. Food was fab. Service not so good. Waiter miserable and we were last in so were made to feel pushed out. I appreciate it's hard when serving last table when you want to be off home. Don't take bookings so late if you're not prepared to look after them properly. Very disappointed

“Used to be excellent, now only average”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We have been visiting this place for a long time and I was very much looking forward to my visit recently but I'm afraid to say it's changed.

Not sure what exactly but different staff, different food, different atmosphere. It's still great value but I would rather they'd put the prices up than lose what they used to do which was indulge you as a customer an make you want every dish.

I used to always order off the expansive specials board but that's been replaced with a small piece of paper and some of the favourites from the small red leather book of a menu have gone.

The food was ok. I had prawn cocktail which was excellent but the steak was nothing special. It came with very average fries (unsalted and not tasty in a French restaurant) and an awful salad. That said it was good value but I would have paid a lot more for the old food.

Service is now young and inexperienced...yes I know everyone has to learn but I got the impression the whole restaurant was like it. I wanted French service like it used to be.

Atmosphere was hen do's, big parties and empty tables on a Saturday??? I've previously been turned away from here because it's too busy and that's with them turning the tables at least twice in one evening.

I do hope they put all I this right although I believe Bistro Pierre does a reasonable job of French food.

• Visited May 2014
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and atmosphere with knowledgable and friendly staff”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I have eaten here many times. The food is always excellent (especially the french onion soup) and there is plenty of choice. The staff are very friendly, polite and attentive. One of the finest restaurants in Harrogate.

• Visited May 2014
England
“Food very good, disappointing wine”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The above rating is for the food, which was very good. We were extremely disappointed with the standard of the wine we ordered, given that the restaurant claimed it was their favorite, ie, house wine. We asked to change it which was done, although the staff considered the original to be acceptable. With food as good as theirs, the wine should match the standard.

• Visited April 2014