“A Night Away”

Ranked #44 of 100 Harrogate B&B and Inns
Halifax, United Kingdom
“A Night Away”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Well what a beautiful home, I stayed one night (not long enough) and it was the best place I have stayed in for a long time. I was greeted by the lovely Nita who made my stay an excellent one. The single room I had was spotless with everything I needed, plug points in the right places! everything was planned to make the stay more like a home from home. Excellent breakfast as I had the vegatarian one (yummy) I will definatley be back and would recommend this without hesitations. Thanks again Nita

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
co durham
Reviewed 22 October 2013

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights and we had a lovely bay windowed room at the front of the house which had a four poster bed, there was plenty of choice at breakfast and the meals were beautifully cooked.
Christian was full of information and so was Anita giving us tips on where to eat and what the golf courses were like.
Steve played the Rudding Park course and I went shopping, so we were both happy.
We tried wetherspoons which was in the old winter gardens and really impressive.
We also went to Jinnahs indian restaurant and had a lovely meal both Anita's suggestions.
I would recommend Ashwood House and would be more than happy to return in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
NORTHAMPTONSHIRE
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Stay here last week, it was the best B and B I have stayed at. and I go away quite a bit. very helpful and lovely Nita, could not do enough for us, the room was spotless, comfortable, and very nicely furnished, would recommend this a hundred times over, will go again. thank you for a lovely stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights for the Yorkshire Show - the hosts were very flexible regarding breakfast time. The bedroom was furnished in a nice modern fashion, the dining room and hallway are more traditional but still fine. The street is a quiet cul de sac and my single room was probably the biggest U have stayed in and the ensure was huge! I would stay again

• Stayed July 2013
Hinckley
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Lovely house, lovely room, lovely staff, lovely stay in fact it was just lovely. Highly recommended and we will come again. No faults except one we didn't stay longer. CLEAN and friendly, nothing was to much trouble.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Ayr, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights recently. Location is excellent, being only 5 minutes walk from the town centre, and quite easy to find by car as well. Parking permits available from the hotel. On street parking. I had a bicycle with me as well as the car, and that is the source of my only complaint. there was really nowhere secure to leave the bike, other than in the car. So if you're a cyclist and you plan on arriving by bike or train, you might have an issue with storage.
The room was good value, especially as the single room I had paid for wasn't available so I was put into a double with 4 poster bed. Nice en-suite with good shower. Everything was spotless, but the use of fabric conditioner on sheets and towels could be reduced! I am allergic to some of these highly perfumed soaps and detergents/conditioners, so was expecting to break out in a rash at some point but it never happened.
Breakfast was also first class. Plenty of choice of starters and cereals/juices, followed by a well cooked and very hot breakfast. All served by Nita; I think she runs this place single handed as I never saw another staff member in 3 days! She is very friendly, chatty and helpful. Lovely place to visit and I hope to be back again next year.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

Definetly happy to recommend Ashwood House. Very friendly and helpful, rooms were comfortable and had plenty of space, parking outside, good breakfast, easy walking distance of the town centre and the railway station.

Stayed July 2013, travelled solo