Open today: 00:00 - 23:59
Review Highlights
Excellent

A very good tour for anyone interested in food and local history. I would highly recommend this... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
531PMS
Leigh, United Kingdom
via mobile
BRILLIANTLY VARIED TOUR

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
727stephen
Manchester, United Kingdom

All reviews hales bar eggs benedict cheese and biscuits coffee house sweet shop our tour guide yorkshire pudding beef oldest pub in harrogate gave us lots of information delicious ice cream great guide excellent value for money valley gardens kay toffee culture
Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

A very good tour for anyone interested in food and local history. I would highly recommend this tour.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Kay took us round some really interesting places to eat and drink, relating excellent tales of past and present. Starter one place - main course another. Ice cream tasting an absolute pleasure. A great way to get to know a great town!

Kay A, Guest Relations Manager at Yorkshire Appetite Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you Stephen, it was lovely to meet you and I always enjoy showing people the delights of Harrogate! Come and see us again soon!

Reviewed 8 October 2018

I can certainly recommend the " Yorkshire Appetite Food Tour " my wife and i had a great time on this tour." Kay " who was our guide for the day was an excellent guide giving us lots in depth information on Harrogate. We visited several eating places on the tour with great food and great hospitality. So thank you Kay for a great tour. Would not hesitate to book it again.

Reviewed 8 October 2018

I live locally and chose to go on both the regular and vegan tour. There was no problem me being vegetarian on the regular tour and they catered for me perfectly. I had no idea about Harrogate's history and was surprised at all there was to learn about the place I have always lived. The information was memorable and the food introduced me to eateries that I would not normally visit. Alex at Vanilli's was especially engaging. The vegan tour had amazing food and beat all my expectations, also introducing me to food I wouldn't normally try. Definitely worth doing if wanting to know more about our town and a good day out when looking for something to do!

Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

I arrived last night and knew nothing about Harrogate. The tour was a great introduction to the town and included some delicious food stops. I can’t recommend it highly enough.

Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

Just finished the Yorkshire Appetite Food Tour. Visited some very nice places with so much information and local knowledge from Kay the guide, it's a must for visitors or locals alike.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

This was our first experience of a food tour and what a fabulous time we had! Kay, our guide, was extremely knowledgeable and provided a fascinating history tour whilst walking between the five different venues. Each eateries was unique and full of character and we got to sample generous portions of the most delicious food. We started with eggs benedict at an independent coffee house, then a giant Yorkshire pudding filled with beef and mash at ‘Yoekshire Tapas’ followed by several different flavours of ice cream (such fun!) at Vanilli’s artisan ice cream parlour, then to the oldest pub in Harrogate for cheese and biscuits and a pint. Lastly, we were taken to an enormous sweet shop to sample fudge and toffee. Kay was very warm and friendly and made everyone feel at ease. The other couple in our group were also really nice people to talk to and we thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it! Would highly recommend.

Reviewed 16 September 2018

Kay provided a very an excellent service showcasing a wide selection of exciting venues that catered for those who are vegan and have other specific food requirements. Overall a very pleasurable time eating at some of Harrogate's best restaurants while learning about the venues in a detailed informal way.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Great way to spend the afternoon the food was great and the tour guide was knowledgeable and charming.

Reviewed 15 September 2018

I really enjoyed this Tour having done both now. I am not a Vegan but feel it is possible with the choice of food and wide variety of restaurants. I did not miss meat at all and there were varied flavours. It felt very healthy and virtuous. Guide Kay was excellent warm, friendly and welcoming with thorough knowledge of Harrogate. Well done - don't miss it!!