“Harrogate's best kept secret.”
Review of Shelbourne House

and 1 more site!
Shelbourne House
Ranked #22 of 83 Harrogate B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I had to find a room in a hurry in Harrogate and this lovely place was recommended as it was only a 10 minute walk from where I needed to be. There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe this lovely little B&B. From the comfort, decor, wonderful Yorkshire breakfast to the very special hospitality of the hosts. I really felt like I was a very special guest staying in their home. I will definitely stay there again and will recommend it to anyone who is going to Harrogate for a short break. Sue and Neil, just keep on doing what you are doing. It's perfect and there is no improvement on perfection!!

Room Tip: I had the single (it had a 3/4 double bed and would have accommodated 2 of us). Lovely little ensuit...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
SueHarrogate, Owner at Shelbourne House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

We are very pleased you choose to stay at Shelbourne House. Many of our guests are lone travellers, especially as it is a conference town. We aim to ensure everyone who stays with us, feel safe and comfortable, and are treated as a individual not just a number.

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review and we hope to see you again.

Check out our face book page, "like" us to receive our news and special offers. Follow us on twitter.

Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

I booked in shelbourne house for my second visit to Harrogate for my birthday weekend with my partner.
The welcome as always was exceptional!! We asked where was good to eat and Neil spent time to draw us a map and recommend local bars and pubs aswell as restaurants or where's good just to get a bite or snack. The breakfasts were beautiful and when my iPhone charger broke the owners leant me theirs for the night till I could get a new one!
We absolutely loved the stay the beds are so unbelievably comfy and the house is kept to perfection! Cannot recommend highly enough!
Will definitely be back in the future!

• Stayed: September 2013
SueHarrogate, Manager at Shelbourne House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Thank you for coming back to stay with us, and that you enjoyed your stay, and Harrogate just as much as the last time. A comfy bed and a great breakfast are two of our main priorities, we want our guests to go away wanting to come back as soon as possible. Because we are so close to the town, when you arrive and park up, with free 24 hr parking passes, you may leave the car ,and five minutes walk, you are in the heart of the town with its extensive choice of restaurants, bars. cafes and shops. Fifteen minutes drive and enjoy the beautiful Yorkshire Dales.

Check out our face book page, press 'like' to receive our up-to-date news and special deals, please follow us on twitter.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Looking for agood B&B?,No a great B&B?,then look no further.Shelbourne has it all.Highly recomendable for comfort and food Sue And Neil do a great job.As a famous American General once said " I shall return."
Margaret & Derek

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We hope it shows that we love meeting people, our aim is to make staying at Shelbourne House a memorable, comfortable experience. It is important our breakfasts are from the finest ingredients, that is locally sourced and specially chosen by us.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Arriving in Harrogate after a long drive to find our original hotel overbooked it was Shelbourne House to the rescue. Taking in two near heartbroken travellers, hoping to celebrate a special birthday, bank holiday Saturday evening. We cant thank you enough! The room, though the last available, was gorgeous, the welcome second to none and the sensitivity to our predicament most gracious. The hotel as a whole was exquisite and the lounge as welcoming as the hosts with the most unexpected complementary aperitif . The stay was too short and we will definitely be seeing you again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Aw.. what a lovely review, we were only too pleased that we could help. Shelbourne House is a Victorian House, so all the rooms are different sizes, adding to the charm. Great thought and care have been given to the renovation and decoration of the rooms, so that no matter what, our guests are happy and most importantly comfortable.

We hope that you will choose to stay at Shelbourne if you ever visit Harrogate in the future.

Please check out our face book page for up-to-date news and deals. Follow us on tweeter.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Came to Shelbourne house a group of 9 of us for a hen doo in June 2013.
The house is located really central to the centre with plenty of restaurants and the turkish baths within walking distance.

The house is decorated very up to date and clean to a high standard, I stayed in a single room on the top floor and found my bed comfy and my room felt luxurious despite being the smallest, my bathroom was great, in comparison to other B&B's I've experienced it was huge!

As a group we had a great time & it was great to be able to make use of the lounge where there was room for us all to sit & enjoy a drink before we headed out for the evening, our hosts were even kind enough to chill our drinks and take a group photo before we left.

Breakfast was fantastic, the menu with some twists on the classic full english was nice and made a change for a B&B where often there is no choice, we even had fresh croissants :) I would absolutley return to Shelbourne House again with a partner or family too x

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Room 4 and Room 8 are our single rooms. With the experience of Neil's 25years in design (where he had to extensively travel and stay in many different establishments), he has renovated them to a high standard so that they have everything and more that is needed in a guest room, making them feel much larger. Our aim is to give personal service to our guests so that they are not just a number.

Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Just back from another fabulous weekend at the shelbourne. This is my 3rd time staying here and I will return next year. Sue and Neil make you so welcome and provide a delicious breakfast. The rooms are beautifully decorated and the beds are so comfy. Nothing is too much trouble for them at all.

Room Tip: The Double room with the Bath is amazing x
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Your return visits says it all, thank you for your kind review. We aim to keep everything at Shelbourne House interesting and contemporary, in keeping with the original Victorian features. Our love of meeting and talking to people hopefully shines through, making our guests feel happy and comfortable and want to come back to stay with us.

See you next year :-)

Reviewed 9 July 2013

I brought my mum and my 12yr old daughter to Shelbourne House for my mums birthday weekend - we stayed in the family room and a single room... my daughter didn't want to leave the house and was wondering if Sue and Neil would adopt her (haha). Both rooms were absolutely gorgeous, as was the house. the finishing touches have had lots of thought put into them, i'm sure Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen would be suitably impressed. The whole standard at this B&B is way above the standards of all others I've seen, furnished with expensive taste, cleaned to the highest standards and breakfast cooked to perfection. You will not find a nicer place to stay. Sue and Neil are fantastic and know so much about Harrogate and i feel as though I've gained some good friends in them, and certainly will return at some point. If you are looking for a nice place to stay, you just have to experience Shelbourne House. Now go ahead and book in, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank JulesOro

Hi, thanks for the review :-) love the comment in the guest book!. It was lovely to have three generations in one family all enjoy the house and Harrogate so much.

We hope that you come back very soon and enjoy your stay just as much, if not more.

Check out our face book page for updated news and offers please follow us in twitter.