“Welcoming & professional”

Ranked #12 of 101 Harrogate B&B and Inns
Hull
“Welcoming & professional”
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Myself and my partner enjoyed a one night stay in room 8. A very warm welcome and escort to our room. We were offered thoughts on restaurants etc and had a great night. The next day we had a lovely breakfast cooked by the chef (amongst other jobs) Simon and hosted by Amanda. There wasn't a thing we needed that wasn't offered to us. Fast check out. We can't speak highly enough of this lovely couples classy hotel. I nearly didn't leave a review in case it became too popular and we were unable to get a booking. Good luck.

Room Tip: All rooms looked nice
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Andrew B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Amanda and Simon were extremely welcoming, and had excellent recommendations for evening meals and extensive local information on Harrogate and its environs. The Baytree is situated in a quiet tree lined road, and within easy walking distance of the town. The house is very attractively furnished and immaculately clean, and the breakfasts were superb. Our en suite room was at the top of the house - a wonderfully comfortable king sized bed and lots of space.
Certainly a tip-top B and B

2 Thank Margaret B
Nocton Lincs
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Our visit to Baytree was a a surprise booking for a birthday treat from the family.On arrival we were greeted by simon who was very helpful & made us very welcome.We found the four poster bed extremely comfortable,along with an en-suite with power shower.
At breakfast Amanda did make us feel at home telling us about all there was to offer the visitor in Harrogate.As for the breakfast enough said such choice! And cooked to order.
All we can say is well done to Simon & Amanda.

Room Tip: The upper floor and room No.8 with four poster bed was very quiet, with plenty of natural light.
1 Thank Robjonlincoln
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I booked six relatives to stay at Baytree House B&B in Harrogate for two nights who were traveling up from London for my daughter's wedding. I know how awkward my relatives can be so was very worried that they should not find fault with their accommodation or hosts; hard at the best of times as they are and can be hard work. Amanda, the owner greeted my relatives very warmly and was really welcoming. The guest house is set on a very quiet leafy road within easy walking distance to Betty's Tea Rooms and Harrogate Town Centre. My relatives were shown their rooms and my mother, who can be very tricky at the best of times, was allowed to chose her room from the 4 that were reserved. All of the rooms are beautifully presented and very clean, and all are en-suite. After their stay, I have been told how comfortable the rooms and beds were and how good the breakfast was. Amanda also helped by providing hairspray to two sulky teenage girls in the party, who had forgotten theirs, thereby diverting a crisis. Well done Amanda. Thank you for looking after my family so well - I couldn't have managed it. I really couldn't recommend Baytree House high enough. If you ever visit Harrogate, which is lovely, you wouldn't be disappointed with this guest house.

Room Tip: I have seen 4 of the rooms and all were lovely and well presented. The family room at the top of the...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank sadie007
Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

We had a fabulous long weekend. This really is a luxury B & B. Stayed in room on top floor with four poster bed. Great size room with en-suite shower room. Award winning breakfasts where excellent. Simon and Amanda were very friendly. Excellent location not far to walk into centre. I would recommend to anyone staying in Harrogate.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank UK_Travel_Guide
Nicosia District, Cyprus
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I have written many reviews on this site and the greatest majority of them have been positive, I am not, by nature, a whinger or complainer, however this place? Let me tell you what happened:
My husband and I were visiting the UK and whilst at home I had arranged for us to stay at several B&Bs, we thought we might arrive late to Baytree as we were with friends in Stratford-upon-Avon and I did not know at what time we would be able to leave them. As it was, the thought of us arriving at 11pm did not seem right to me and so we left our friends a lot earlier and arrived at this establishment at exactly 9pm. The place was lit up and so, naturally, we expected the owners would still be about! I rang their bell whilst my husband struggled with our increasingly heavy suitcases in the car park. No-one came and so I rang again and a man appeared in a dressing gown with a face like thunder, I was somewhat taken aback. I was even more taken aback when he verbally attacked me. "We go to bed at 9, you've got us out of bed, I told you where the key would be why have you not let yourselves in." I said: "Good evening, my name is Julia Pomeroy and we felt so bad about arriving so late that we thought we would bless you by being here a lot earlier." The man then proceeded to give me a complete dressing down - which I now view as quite funny as my back was to him as I held open the door for my husband to come in with the suitcases. He went on and on and on and, in the end, I suggested to him, in no uncertain terms BUT, I hasten to add, without any bad language, that he went back to bed immediately and we would manage and the fact that we were seventy years old and the room was on the top floor and the cases were heavy should not bother him at all. He wanted to know how we had planned to manage at 11pm with these heavy suitcases and so I told him we would have left them in the car until the following day when we would have looked to him to help us and, again, I suggested he went to bed. Which he did (I presume) the next thing, his wife came up demanding to know what this was all about then. She then proceeded to give me a dressing down whilst I still continued to hold open the front door, she found the wedge, pushed it under the door and I was then able to turn around and face her. The thought occurred to me: was I really sure I wanted to see these two faces at breakfast the following morning? (By this time my husband had come with one case and I told him upon his asking me that we would talk about it in the room.) By the time he turned up with the second case I truly had had enough and I dropped the room keys, which I had found, on the floor and left to a continuing cacophony of abuse - I was very close to tears, very close.

20 Thank Julia4J
bellabrianna, Owner at Baytree House, responded to this review, 29 June 2013
This review is untrue and does not reflect Baytree House as portrayed in all our other reviews. We hope to have this review removed.
Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I visit Harrogate on business and have usually stayed at the Hornbeam Premier Inn. But it is expensive and difficult to book at short notice. So I have tried a few alternatives. Just had my second stay at the Baytree and have found a great alternative.
Bay tree House is a very comfortable place with parking which is a bonus in Harrogate. Very comfortable rooms and beds, nicely furnished. Clean, bright and tidy. They source local produce for their excellent breakfasts.
Only ten minutes walk to the town centre.
I will stay here for business in future but will also bring my wife for a weekend sometime as well.
Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Both rooms I have been in are of high standard, I think you would be ok with any of them.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo