“Happy birthday” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 104 Harrogate B&B and Inns
Munich, Germany
“Happy birthday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

My daughter and I spent just one night at Baytree House. I had found it on the internet but it is always a bit of a risk. From the moment of booking I had nothing but a positive impression. Simon contacted me by email to find out when I expected to arrive, to be sure someone would be home. We were welcomed most warmly. The room was very nice. The whole house is so tastefully decorated. The breakfast was scrumptuous. The area is quiet and residential. It is a pleasant short walk into town. I can fault nothing. We went to Harrogate to celebrate my birthday, so it was especially important for me to be happy, and I was. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Catherine L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Morpeth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

Have just had three nights in a single room (with a double bed) in the most welcoming Guest House I have ever stayed in. The owners Amanda and Simon were so helpful and the whole place was spotlessly clean with many little extras in the room that were unexpected. Breakfast was a pleasant experience in a delightful room with white china, tablecloths and napkins and a menu to rival any five star hotel. This couple have obviously found the formula to keep their guests happy and long may it continue. The property is well situated for a ten minute walk into town for most restaurants. I would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Pamela C
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed at Baytree for two nights 8 November with 2 friends. This is our first visit to Baytree House. The room was very clean and the bed is probably the most comfortable bed I have slept in. Amanda was very welcoming and recommended a lovely restaurant to us. The breakfast was very good and we all enjoyed them. Baytree House is ideally situated being about 15 minutes walk into the town. I would definitely recommend Baytree House.

Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Anne W
Denbigh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

Many thanks to Simon and Amanda for a great couple of nights in a very comfortable four poster bed. The room was lovely and the breakfast excellent. Harrogate is within easy walking distance. Give us a tiny excuse and we will be returning.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Richard R
Chichester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

A real treat. Very comfortable room and bed, and extremely tasty breakfast. Amanda and Simon are the lovely owners;very friendly and very professional. We have already booked again for our next visit.
Giles.
W. Sussex.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Gilesni
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

Being a single traveller it's sometimes difficult to feel comfortable in places but Simon & Amanda at Baytree House made me feel like one of the family. My room was spotless, the bed comfortable and I felt safe, so safe I forgot to lock the bedroom door - very unlike me!

Breakfast was amazing. Simon's homemade Linseed & Oat bread is delicious as was the rest of the breakfast. I'll definitely be going back when I'm next in Harrogate

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

We (my wife, two teenage children and I) have just returned from a weekend trip to Harrogate to see relatives. We enjoyed two nights at Baytree House and would definitely return. The hosts Amanda and Simon were extremely friendly, helpful and professional from start to finish. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble for them.

The property itself is ideally situated for central Harrogate and all its shops, bars and restaurants. It's probably no more than a gentle 10-15 minute stroll to the theatre district.

We had two rooms - a twin and a double - both of which were comfortable and well appointed. The bathrooms, whilst not huge, were more than adequate. Good shower, good towels and spotlessly clean. Also off-street parking is available, which is a huge bonus for Harrogate.

As others have noted, the breakfast were excellent. I forgot the diet for a couple of days and went for the Yorkshire breakfast and thoroughly enjoyed it. Great, high quality local ingredients perfectly cooked. Simon even does his own home baked bread and homemade bio yoghurt.

As you'll see from my other reviews I am pretty critical where needs be, but I can honestly say that I can't fault our stay at the Baytree. We'll definitely be staying there again when we next visit the town.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family