“Pleasant First Visit”
Review of Baytree House

Baytree House
Ranked #10 of 83 Harrogate B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Enjoyed 2 nights stay at Baytree House and made very welcome by Simon & Amanda. Excellent location for walking into Harrogate and onsite parking a bonus. Delicious breakfasts with a good choice. Would certainly recommend.

Room Tip: We're sure all the rooms are of the same high standard as the room we had.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kaz029

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I had the Bay Tree foisted upon me as part of a cycle holiday boy did I luck out the room was spacious and bright and the en suite shower was perfect for reviving my muscles. The breakfast as superb with local produce and home made bread for toast I just wish I was staying more than one night.
The owners were friendly efficient and helpful in fact every aspect is to be highly reccomended

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank bruce h
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Fantastic stay in a brilliant guest house. Room was spotless and very comfortable, breakfast was perfectly cooked and Amanda and Simon were most helpful hosts. Can't recommend the Baytree enough and we look forward to coming back again soon.

Room Tip: Simon knows all the best places to eat, just ask!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pm1015
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Fabulous stay at the Bay Tree! Warm welcome from Amanda & Simon who are the perfect hosts. Simon's breakfasts are to die for ..tasty local produce all cooked to perfection. They even make their own bread! Lovely establishment in a quite road, tastefully decorated and spotless. Small car-park but also plenty of off-street parking (with pass provided for residents). Bed comfortable, nice light room and excellent shower. There are slightly cheaper B&Bs but you'd be hard pressed to find better to match the quality and personal touch you get here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Deltablade
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed for 2 nights in May at the Baytree can't say enough good things about our entire experience. We received a warm welcome on arrival and was provided a list of things to do, map and a list of good local restaurants. We stayed on the top floor, the room is very spacious and very clean with a good size bathroom. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay that we are going back in July for 3 nights. Perfect stay with the added bonus of location , parking, wifi and the extremely friendly hosts Simon & Amanda and the great breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank shellypratt
Reviewed 26 May 2014

B&Bs have upped their game over the last few years and Baytree House is no exception to this trend. Anybody using more than one or two of them can picture Baytree House. It's your archetypal B&B. A large Victorian/Edwardian house converted into a small hotel.
The Baytree is well situated; about 10 minutes from the Conference Centre, the railway station and the shops. It's a pretty house with a garden those travellers that notice those things will find delight in and, crucially, enough of it has been given over to car parking to solve the Harrogate problem. If your hotel doesn't have a car parking space for you and you've come by car you're in real trouble in most of the local B&Bs; but not at the Baytree. Believe me this is important as parking - and traffic - in Harrogate is a nightmare.,
My room was small but perfectly formed with a sufficient bathroom with a bath and shower combo, WC and wash hand basin. The bed was comfortable and large enough for two at a push. The room was nicely cleaned each day and everywhere was spotless.
The older private traveller who tends to care about these sort of things (don't really bother me if I'm honest, I'm a bit of a utilitarian), will appreciate the delightful public rooms. The breakfast room and the lounge have been decorated and furnished with the sort of care you'd spend on your own accommodation and, again, are spotless.
But for me, the one, singular impression I got was of the willingness of the owners to do their jobs; ie take care of business. Simon and Amanda take professional courtesy to a rare level and extend an interest and concern for you that is as unexpected as it is warming.
They turn what should be just another well managed B&B into one I'd make a real effort to go back to,
And I write as someone who doesn't usually care very much where I stay as long it's clean, the right price and in the right place.

Room Tip: Pretty sure it wouldn't matter which room you get. I think they are all of a similar, very high...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank briesmith
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stayed 2 nights at Baytree House due to going to a wedding in Scotton. Upon arriving, we received a warm welcome from Amanda, who also provided us with a list of good local restaurants. Our room, on the top floor, was spacious and very clean. The bed was very comfy. The bathroom was on the small side but this was not an issue and it had a good, powerful shower - I hate ones that just trickle water and I'd sooner have a proper shower than a needlessly large bathroom. Simon's breakfasts were delicious both days and the homemade bread was great, too. All in all, a very good stay - we hope to return to Harrogate to do more sightseeing and would not bother to look for any accommodation other than at Baytree. Thanks!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple