“Poor execution of a good product from start to finish”
Review of The Restaurant Bar & Grill - CLOSED

The Restaurant Bar & Grill
Price range: US$36 - US$56
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Groups, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I could write an irritating and painstaking critique on here- but I'll put more effort into that than the service we received.

We booked a table got taken to an awful uneven table when 2 thirds of the restaurant was empty and had to move.

Didn't have our choice of wine due to Tour de France...3 days earlier.

Oysters starter came without cutlery to eat it with so used a steak knife.

Couldn't request how my steak was cooked on the steak and lobster combo we shared. .. "it comes medium" said our server. I like rare steak- which doesn't matter to these guys.

Didn't get lobster cutlery for 10mins during which I had to hack at my meal with the ever handy steak knife.

Asked for coffee to come with dessert- came 10 mins late. Etc etc.

In summary- the restaurant looks the part. The food is of a high quality. The service (based on this) was so below par. I wouldn't have been that bothered if it was a cheeky £50 all-in pre cinema experience- but this was an occasion, I booked and we spent. £130 for a truly mediocre experience. It Wasn't busy. Not even slightly. 30 covers max. Just lazy. Really disappointed.

During our meal- the server apologised 4 times for individual things...at what point does the management get involved and sort it out? At least touch my table once...then I won't feel so annoyed as to write this and tell you on the night.

3  Thank Anthony J

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We had a lovely meal here. The atmosphere was really good and the service was just right. We didn't feel we were rushed as is the case in some restaurants. I can definitely recommend the Sea Bass lovely.

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Lamb cooked to perfection . Good wine choice. Fish very fresh. Good service . Leeds rbg beats it . But very good all the same. Asparagus starter a great choice. Good wine list .....

Reviewed 29 June 2014

food and service excellent,good range on menu and although slightly expensive than some,still good value for money.would return.

1  Thank johnw186334
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Visited on Saturday evening and greeted warmly. Table was a little late but no matter as the bar was very friendly and super efficient. Service in the restaurant was first class and the food superb. Well Done!

1  Thank Cary T