Alamah Guest House
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Kimberley Hotel(Harrogate)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Ascot House Hotel Harrogate(Harrogate)
  • Pool
Cairn Hotel(Harrogate)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
    Old Swan Hotel(Harrogate)
    The Crown Hotel(Harrogate)
    Very Good 4/5
    All reviewsjudy sueb bexcellent hoststown centrebiscuitshome from homebreakfast tablethe perfect place to staynothing is too much troublewithin easy walking distanceroom was very clean and comfortablehospitality traycooked to perfectionfamily rooma small car parkfresh fruita wonderful stay
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 13 October 2013

I booked this hotel based on previous reviews, and wasn't disappointed. From my first contact with the proprietors, I found them most helpful and welcoming. I was visiting the exhibition centre, and the location along the Kings Road was only a 5 minute walk, and although there are many parking restrictions around the hotel, I was provided a permit that allowed me to park very close to the hotel for free. They were very accommodating in providing me permits as soon as I arrived in Harrogate and allowed me to store my bags before my check-in and after check-out until I left Harrogate.
    The room was very comfortable and warm, with Tea/Coffee making facilities and a good sized Flat Screen TV. Complimentary WiFi was available and easily connected. Breakfast was a full choice of cereal, fruit juice, fresh fruit and a good selection of freshly cooked items, very nice.
    Couldn't do enough for you, look forward to returning next year.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
    1  Thank HongKongPhooey28
    Reviewed 11 October 2013

We were at a conference again. Alamah is very convenient for the Conference centre and town centre. Single rooms with en-suite are small but perfectly equipped. Home from home atmosphere and they even posted me my mobile charger that I left behind in the room.

Room Tip: There is off street parking at the back of the house.
    • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
    1  Thank elpmek
    Reviewed 5 October 2013

I wanted to find a more personalised hotel to take my wife to for our wedding anniversary celebrations and what a diamond I found .from the very first look at the Alamah on line I knew I had found somewhere very special . I found the contact us button a tremendous asset as it's good to speak to the ladies ,I had a few requests I wanted help with to surprise my wife and the response was fantastic nothing was too much trouble .in this day and age it's great to find such personnel service .
    As for the stay it was everything and more than I expected ,Judy and sue made us feel at home straight away .the room was beautiful and very clean with a tea and coffee basket stocked with all sorts of local goodies .the shower facilities were excellent as we're the freebies which Diane ended up buying a few sets to take home soap,body lotion ect .
    Breakfast was served in a relaxed atmosphere with nothing too much trouble I especially enjoyed the fresh fruit salad .a selection of teas is available including my favourite peppermint .the cooked part is all local produce and plenty of it ,and all requests for something a little different to the set menu are sorted with out any issues .
    Access to the hotel is provided 24/7 via your room key and parking permits are issued for the length of your stay ,parking was on the street outside the Alamah and was very safe
    The girls were extremely helpful with local knowledge of restraints and attractions to visit and Judy has a wealth of knowledge of the local countryside as photography is here very evident hobby with the hotel beautifully decorated through out by her photos .
    We will definitely be going back to our new home away from home 10 stars ladies

Room Tip: Room 2 has a king size bed
    • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank JohnA1961
    Reviewed 3 October 2013

My husband found this Guest House online but actually contacted them direct.

We decided to stay in Harrogate for our Anniversary and we are so glad we did it was a fantastic weekend and make all the more special by staying at The Alamah.

It is run by two lovely ladies Judy and Sue. Judy helped John by arranging for flowers to be in our room when we arrived and they are beautiful. We stayed in Room 2 and it was such a lovely room. The ensuite was very very nice, very clean and the shower was fab. The bed was the best though, I even joked that I was packing it up and taking it home. I suffer with a bad back and I must of had the most comfortable nights sleep ever. The room was quite spacious and had everything you could need for your stay.

Breakfast, well what can you say, there was EVERYTHING you needed for a very filling breakfast. Cereals, Muesli and Greek Yoghurt with separate fresh fruits, which I had. Followed by Full English with eggs cooked how you like them. Of course you had the option of having anything you wanted in the cooked range. Plus lots of tea coffee and toast.

One of the things you also notice how nice it smells and the cleanliness which is excellent.

You had your own door key so you could just come and go whenever you wanted. Without feeling you were under scrutiny.

The Alamah is in a perfect location for you to be able to walk into Harrogate with lots of seats along the way for sit downs. Judy was helpful for advising us on the local restaurants and other places of interest.

We stayed 2 nights and to be honest I could of stayed more.

We both REALLY enjoyed our stay and we will hopefully be returning in the not to distant future. We both have no reservation in giving The Alamah the 5 star rating it deserves. Thank you to both ladies for making our stay memorable.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank Diane1956_10
    Reviewed 18 September 2013

Just back form our third visit to this lovely guest house - The room was excellent as usual and the shower fantastic. Once again Sue and Judy are the perfect hosts and breakfast (the full works including meusli and fruit to start) really sets you up for the day. Love this place and we will certainly be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family