“Excellent value for money.”
Review of The Arc Hotel

The Arc Hotel
The Arc Hotel
Ranked #8 of 98 Harrogate B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 February 2013

Stayed overnight 21st feb, for an evening out in Harrogate. Easy to find, car parking around the back. Rooms spotlessly clean, breakfast fantastic!! Definately recommend as we had a very enjoyable stay. All the fixtures and fittings are of a very high quality, workmanship in the b and b was of an excellent standard. Welcoming and friendly, very modern!

• Stayed: February 2013
There are newer reviews for The Arc Hotel

Reviewed 11 January 2013

This is a great place to stay in Harrogate - an easy few minutes walk from the centre, and juts opposite the exhibition centre.

It's only small - 8 rooms - so don't expect big hotel facilities. However, the decor is to a superb standard. Very modern and contemporary and very well maintained.
Flat screen TV, and tea / coffee facilities in the room, together with free wifi access gives you most of what you are likely to need during your stay.

We had room no. 2 at the back (nice and quiet) - it's not massive, but the space is used very well and served our needs very well. En-suite bathroom was very clean and modern, and supplied with a nice range of toiletries.

Check in was self service as the owners don't live on the premises; we were given a code to get through the door, where we collected out room key. This worked perfectly well. There is limited parking on site, but there are (free) permits available to allow you to park on some nearby streets.

Breakfast was very nice - cooked fresh and to individual requirements.
Owners were friendly and helpful and obviously take a great deal of care and pride in what they do. The place is a credit to the hard work they obviously put in.

I would certainly stay here again

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2012

Fantastic service and the owner, Lisa, was lovely and welcoming and very knowledgable about the area. Nothing was too much trouble. Lots of personal touches that other hotels dont offer. Toiletries in the bathroom were of high standard. The room was spotless, and the bathroom was immaculate. It was my first stay in Harrogate and I loved it..
Breakfast was beautifully cooked and served and presented with what you would expect from a 5 star.. The beds were comfy and the rooms were lovely and warm.
Excellent decor throughout, you can tell it's been tastefully thought out.
I would not hesitate to go back, it's easy to walk into the town and there are permits provided for the road parking. (we didn't need them as we had gone on the train, but we thought it was nice little extra touch!)
All in all, a little gem of a place!! Thank you for a lovely stay...

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 December 2012 via mobile

I stayed recently with a group while attending a conference at HIC. The Arc markets itself as a luxury B&B and is true to it's word. Lovely, modern decor in the rooms, recently fitted bathrooms with an awesome power shower (hard to get out of!). Only criticism here is that the bathrooms are tiny. Fine if there is only one person to a room, however I am guessing it would be a little bit cramped for two people. Really comfy bed and great room treats including hot chocolate sachets and cookies. Plenty of options at breakfast and the bread was lovely and fresh. Unfortunately we were kept awake by an extremely drunk person coming into the B&B on the second night and making quite a racket (owners do not live on the premises so unfortunately it went on for a while!). However this was just an unfortunate incident and overall we had a great stay. I would certainly stay here again and would recommend it as a great option for anyone coming to the conference centre.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 17 November 2012

I stayed from 11th to 14th November for a conference. The Hotel is in a perfect location for the conference centre, directly across the road and a 5 minute walk to the town and shops. I arrived in the evening when Lisa the owner was not around. However, she ensured that she contacted me during my journey to ensure I gained access to my room, when I arrived. The whole hotel is decorated to a high and stylish standard. My double room was well furnished, equiped and decorated in a warm and inviting manner and was spotlessly clean. There was nothing more, I could have required in my room. Lisa asked daily when I would like my breakfast to ensure it was freshly cooked and at a suitable time. Breakfast was very nice and I was given a variety of cooked and continental options to have. Unfortunately, I was unwell during my stay and Lisa even offered to bring me some medication back from the supermarket during the day, which was really very kind and considerate. My stay overall was perfect and there is nothing that I would change or improve. I feel Lisa goes above and beyond to ensure her customers have a great stay. I will definately be recommending this hotel in the future. A fantastic hotel Lisa, thank you for your hospitality, Dawn.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Beautiful B & B modern clean perfect little B & B right next to Harrogate town centre. Lisa and her mum make you feel very welcome. The breakfast is served in the breakfast room and is freshly cooked by Lisas mum and nothing was to much trouble. The bedroom was beautiful and vary clean ample products coffee and tea tv good wardrobe space and a beautiful big light airy window. This is a perfect little B & B a real find !!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2012

A brilliant stylish interior , solid oak, stainless steel and trendy radiators + great individually cooked breakfasts , well equipped rooms and really clean, too.
Across the road is the Conference Centre, 5 minutes to the shops, and parking for 3 cars at the rear, off road, or by street vouchers provided

Room Tip: at rear would ensure quiet
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple