“Superb”

Ranked #8 of 101 Harrogate B&B and Inns
Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Superb”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I stay at The Arc regularly it is just so easy and has everything you need.
Its an unattended hotel, but don't let that put you off! You may even wonder why most hotels aren't like this!
Location couldn't be better, across the road to the conference centre and just a few minutes walking distance of all the decent restaurants and the town centre. I would personally avoid Gianni's Brio, Italian restaurant you pass on way to others, but that's purely my thoughts and can be read about in my review about them.
I would and do recommend this hotel to anyone I know going to Harrogate, Before I tried it I would never have thought it would suit me but now it's just home from home, with superb decor, fittings, comfy beds and with everything working.........you should try it........

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank arthurh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Me and my husband stayed at The Arc on Saturday night after attending a friends 30th birthday party. It's absolutely gorgeous really modern and very clean and tidy. They have thought of everything. It was great to stay at such a perfect place. The breakfast was amazing and served my 2 amazing friendly people. Thanks Lisa and Chris for making our stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed January 2014
Accrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2014

My Husband and I stayed here whilst attending a friends wedding The Arc is lovely ,fantastic ,very clean ,quality fixture and fittings through out the building .Absolute credit to the owners
The rooms may be a little on the small side but are comfortable spotless and everything you need in the room is there .We had breakfast Again couldn't fault it Quality produce used.
Parking maybe an issue as only space for two cars around the back of the building but given parking permit for parking further up the road
Would recommend this hotel for location and if visiting Harrogate again will definitely use The Arc

Room Tip: Arrive early so as to get available parking spaces
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Skipton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Very convenient, close to everything but in quiet area of town, clean and efficient rooms with everything you need (if a little on the small side but not a problem) - great en suite too. we stayed after an event in Harrogate and personally I couldn't fault it. Parking might be a problem but the owners are very helpful and luckily I had a parking disc in my car anyway. Would look here first next time I need to stay over in Harrogate.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Myself, my husband and mother-in-law stayed here in September for the night, as we were attending a wedding at Rudding Park. The Arc is really lovely- a great little boutique hotel in a central location, opposite the conference centre.
The hotel is beautifully furnished, and our rooms were spotless and comfortable, with a great bathroom which had a really good power shower. The breakfast is also due a special mention- it was really lovely and hearty, and set us up for the day ahead!
The owner Lisa was a great host, really nice, friendly and helpful. I left a top there by accident, and she hung on to it for us until we visited Harrogate for the day again a few weeks after, which we were really grateful for.
All in all, I can't recommend this place enough, and we wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if staying over in Harrogate!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 October 2013

This was my first time at the Arc hotel it is a small boutique hotel opposite the conference centre, Lisa the owner is so nice and friendly, the hotel was spotless and furnished with good quality furniture, a really good power shower and good bathroom fittings very modern and new.
The breakfast was also very good, with again good service.
I would stay here again, in fact this weekend I will stay again and recommend
This hotel to anyone.
Great job Lisa and family.

Room Tip: Ask Lisa about the parking there is a few spaces at the ack of the hotel, if not you an get day tick...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Right opposite the conference centre. Comfy bed. Clean and powerful shower. Modern decor. Decent cooked or continental breakfast. Good value. Lovely host. Recommended. It is also really close to the centre of town so would be ideal for a break in Harrogate too.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple