“Friendly, clean and modern”
Review of The Arc Hotel

The Arc Hotel
The Arc Hotel
Ranked #8 of 83 Harrogate B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Right opposite the Harrogate International Conference Centre, Lisa runs a friendly, clean, modern establishment, with all mod cons. My room wasn't huge, and up some fairly steep stairs, but I was using it as a base for exploring Harrogate, and Lisa couldn't have been more helpful.

Room Tip: I was overlooking the Conference Centre, and really enjoyed the sounds of acapella Barbershop singin...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Dave D

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Me and my partner stayed here for 2 nights for the bank holiday weekend. When we arrived, our key was ready at reception. We stayed in room 2, and it was really nice and quaint. On the second day, my partner's parents arrived on the Sunday for an overnight stay, and we swapped rooms with them to number 8. WOW, it was a lovely loft space. The light that shone through the sky light in the morning was amazing. The breakfast was absolutely lovely, and Lisa was really flexible with the times. A lovely stay, and I would certainly recommend this hotel...

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Very good location to explore the town. Clean and well equipped room but quite compact including compact bathroom. Great shower. Very friendly and helpful landlady. The place was very quiet. Breakfast was ok though sausages were unusual!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

We used this B&B as a base for our Saturday trip to Harrogate. The location is great for access to town centre shops, bars and restaurants.
The decor is modern. The rooms are small but they have made the best use of the available space and attention to detail is obvious. Very clean and tidy. Check out the professional photos on trip advisor as these are an accurate reflection of what you can expect. Breakfast was also very good, serving everything that you might expect from a good quality B&B. Highly recommended.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I stay at The Arc regularly it is just so easy and has everything you need.
Its an unattended hotel, but don't let that put you off! You may even wonder why most hotels aren't like this!
Location couldn't be better, across the road to the conference centre and just a few minutes walking distance of all the decent restaurants and the town centre. I would personally avoid Gianni's Brio, Italian restaurant you pass on way to others, but that's purely my thoughts and can be read about in my review about them.
I would and do recommend this hotel to anyone I know going to Harrogate, Before I tried it I would never have thought it would suit me but now it's just home from home, with superb decor, fittings, comfy beds and with everything working.........you should try it........

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank arthurh
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Me and my husband stayed at The Arc on Saturday night after attending a friends 30th birthday party. It's absolutely gorgeous really modern and very clean and tidy. They have thought of everything. It was great to stay at such a perfect place. The breakfast was amazing and served my 2 amazing friendly people. Thanks Lisa and Chris for making our stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 27 January 2014

My Husband and I stayed here whilst attending a friends wedding The Arc is lovely ,fantastic ,very clean ,quality fixture and fittings through out the building .Absolute credit to the owners
The rooms may be a little on the small side but are comfortable spotless and everything you need in the room is there .We had breakfast Again couldn't fault it Quality produce used.
Parking maybe an issue as only space for two cars around the back of the building but given parking permit for parking further up the road
Would recommend this hotel for location and if visiting Harrogate again will definitely use The Arc

Room Tip: Arrive early so as to get available parking spaces
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple