“Brilliant Adventure”
Review of Log Heights

Log Heights
More attraction details
Owner description: The ultimate outdoor adventure! Whether you are looking for something exciting to do with friends or family or an outdoor corporate teambuilding day, the experience at Log Heights is a must and will be talked about for years! Regardless of age or fitness level, our ropes course activities are designed to challenge everyone. Swinging from the top of the trees or having fun lower down, there's something for everyone. Come and see for yourself!
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We had a great time. Even being scared of heights, I thought Log Heights was fantastic. The fact the technician stays with you throughout is definitely a plus point over other ropes courses that 'leave you to it'. Would definitely recommend.

1  Thank jcs01
LogHeights, Manager at Log Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thanks for the review. You are correct that is a big difference between us and other ropes courses. We really should explain that better in the marketing. It means our staffing costs are a lot higher but it gives you a much better experience in our opinion!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

This review is well overdue, CCD Scouts and I went to Log Heights last December, that's right December!
Even during the winter months the grounds are beautiful.
The activities were challenging, engaging and fun for the whole group.
The staff are awesome, professional with a wicked sense of humour.
I would definitely recommend it and I am sure we will go back again ourselves.
Slightly off topic but as a suggestion, we filled the rest of our day by walking from Ripley to Knaresborough hunting geocaches along the way.

LogHeights, Manager at Log Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thanks for review! Great idea walking to Knaresborough on the new cycle track, I will suggest to other groups.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

My daughter had her 9th birthday party at Log Heights followed up with tea at the castle tearoom. My husband and I took a small party of around 9 children and the majority of children thought it was fantastic and thoroughly enjoyed themselves. I say majority because there were a couple of children who got quite scared of climbing so high - if you book a party here try to make sure the children aren't afraid of heights!!! Firstly I'd like to say that we felt the safety aspect was very good and we were not remotely worried that the children could fall or hurt themselves. The instructor was excellent - he had a great rapport with the kids, was very encouraging and even managed to get one of the scared girls to the top of the leap of faith! A word of advice if you take several young children is to try and get a strong friend to assist - the reason for this is because when the children 'climbed' Jacobs Ladder, they didn't so much climb as get hoisted up as the gaps between the rungs are quite large. This was fine (and they loved it!) but we were glad that we had another male, adult friend with us to help as it would have been impossible for the children to help pull their friends up the ladder. I'm sure the instructor would have helped them all up but it would have taken quite a while if he'd had to pull all nine of them up. I'd also recommend taking gloves if you help with this task! After the tasks were completed the children went to the castle tearoom for a really lovely party tea - the food was very good, there was plenty of it and the staff were very friendly. We took our own birthday cake. I would recommend Log Heights to adults and children alike as a great day out.

LogHeights, Owner at Log Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thanks for your review! Kids parties seem to be very popular at the moment and more and more parents want to join in and end up coming with their work colleagues for a team building event!!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We had arranged to surprise our friends with a day to remember and it was fantastic. There were four of us and we joined another group of four. I can safely say I am not great with heights but I managed to give it a go and surprised myself with how well I did (there is video evidence). It was a great birthday surprise for our friend. There were a few shaky knee moments as you might expect but I think that the encouragement from the instructors spurred us on and it was a great feeling when you had a go at the activities and could tell yourself that you did it. Many thanks to our instructors Darren and Ollie who were great. Good sense of humour from both which made the experience fun as well as challenging. We were all safe and we felt safe trying the different activities. To top it off - this experience can really surprise you when you suddenly find that certain people seem to have no fear. My wife did the leap of faith. Amazing. There were bravery medals all around. The grounds were fantastic so you get to have this adventurous time in a beautiful setting. If you are thinking about doing this I would recommend you give it a try.

LogHeights, Owner at Log Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Thanks for the review! Sounds like you should come with work colleagues for a team building event!! The meeting rooms in the castle are great too!!

Reviewed 11 March 2014

My 9 year old son just had his birthday party here and he and his friends throughly enjoyed it. I was impressed with Darren's paitence and fun rapour that he built with the boys immediatley.
It was great that the boys could not only climb and enjoy the challenge but also the team building element was lovely, all the boys cheered each other on and supported each other even when some were more hesitant when climbing.
All in all a great asset to the beautiful grounds of Ripley Castle and i wouldnt hesitate to recommend for parties and fun days out.

1  Thank Katrina194
LogHeights, Owner at Log Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Thanks for the feedback about the children's party. We better be careful! I think Darren is going to start getting a big head!!!!