“What's worse than bad service? No service.”
Review of Jakes - CLOSED

Jakes
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Cuisines: European
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What's worse than bad service? No service.”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Walked in and was told to find a table, which I did. 15 minutes later I walked out without a waiter ever coming anywhere near me. Waste of my time.

1 Thank Samoyed87

York, United Kingdom
“A Bit Unreliable...”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Been here several times as I live just down the road. We've had some lovely experiences here, but also some not so great meals. I would definitely recommend coming for coffee and cakes, or brunch (fabulous American style pancakes), but lunch service was slow and food was only okay. The decor and menu suggests a relaxed and bohemian cafe, but the waiters wear stiff white shirts and ties! If they swapped the formal attire for black tee shirts and a big smile I'd be there a lot more.

Worksop
“The best ciabatta sandwich, ever!”
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Delicious food at great prices. I had a ciabatta sandwich, the bread is baked on site and was fantastic. My partner had a meat feast sandwich on focaccia bread which was also delicious. My eldest daughter loved her linguine pasta with chicken. My three year old ate off the bambino menu and tucked into pasta followed by ice cream and home made brownie. The four of us ate for £33 which included my eldest daughter sampling the carrot cake, yum! We will definitely be returning to Harrogate just to eat at Jakes on my birthday in May. Can't wait!
The only reason I don't score service higher is the young waiter on the top floor was very slow to come to the table so we were there a long time.

1 Thank DaisyWorksop
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Quick lunch”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Good location - service good although if you order hot food it takes a while to arrive.
Lovely decor, feels bright and airy.

Visited April 2014
The Netherlands
“Nice place for wine tasting”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Attended a wine tasting. It was fun with adequate information about the wine. I also had a pizza that was not very hot but okay. The prices are very reasonable and the staff friendly. My friend opted for the vegetarian tian and it was wonderful.

• Visited March 2014