“Hooray for Sartaj”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Hooray for Sartaj”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I was recommended sartaj by my neighbour. Wow Wow Wow !!! Went tonight with some friends who also loved it. Poppadoms, pickle tray, plate of 4 starters, then main meal with rice or naan bread. All that for a tenner. Food was beautiful, tasty and what you didn,t manage to finish off a "Doggy bag" was offered. Can,t wait to come back.

• Visited January 2014

Harrogate, United Kingdom
“An off day?”
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

We came across Sartaj at a friend's in December. I thought the mains were good. We ordered takeout for ourselves this evening, swayed by the fact they deliver. We ordered at 19:30, they said 40 mins, it came at 20:40. It wasn't worth the wait. Firstly it was a mess; all the oils run all over the bag. It wasn't warm enough; probably the delay. The butterfly king prawn starter was so vile I spat it out; not crisp batter but orange-coloured, over spiced mush. Really nasty. The mains were okay but our naan breads were poor; in fact you couldn't tell which was Peshwari and which was plain because there was no flavour. At £26 for two of us it wasn't exactly value for money; cold, bad taste and delayed. It might be an off night but I wouldn't risk trying again and I'll be back to our usual at Starbeck Tandoori.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank ReferenceMaterial
south yorkshire
“Excellent food and great vale for money.”
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

After spending over a hour on the Internet looking for restaurants we decided to just go for a walk, this was the first place we came to and the evening offer of £9.99 for poppadoms pickle tray, starter main and naan was a bargin, the food was fantastic my husband said it was the best tikka masala he had ever had well worth a visit

Visited December 2013
Harrogate
“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Been here a couple of times last month and enjoyed my meal on both occasions - reasonable value and friendly staff - not bad at all.

• Visited November 2013
Batley
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Had a great, tasty meal meal on Wednesday 6th November. We were in a rush due to having to be in another place later and after explaining this to the very helpful waiter called Tof, we were sorted with starter and main course quickly and with no hanging around. Just what we needed. I have to say as a big curry fan who has eaten and cooked curry for many years, this was one of the best I've had for a while. Thanks, Tof for your recommendation! Will be back when i visit Harrogate again.

• Visited November 2013