“The highlight of our holiday”
Review of Nidderdale Llamas

Nidderdale Llamas
Ranked #2 of 84 things to do in Harrogate
More attraction details
Owner description: A unique interactive fun activity, based on a family working farm in Nidderdale. Offering Llama Trekking & Llama/alpaca experiences in beautiful countryside. Fantastic fun with amazing friendly animals, a range of options to choose from all including close contact with llamas, alpacas and some other animals.
Reviewed 5 August 2012

I have been trekking with Llamas before and so knew a bit about what to expect. This is a very well run enterprise. We were made to feel very welcome and everyone in our group soon got to know each other. Suzanne (the owner) gave lots of information about Llamas and about the character of each of the boys. The trek around Nidderdale was lovely and the pace was just right for everyone. To finish off we had a bountiful buffet when we returned to the farm. We just loved our Llamas and talked about our trip for the remainder of the week. I would heartily recommend this activity - everyone should try at least once.

1  Thank Dot H

Reviewed 16 July 2012

We had a wonderful full day trek yesterday through the beautiful Yorkshire Dales. We can't recommend the day trek highly enough. A really relaxed experience which was well organised by Suzanne, Beth and Mary. The llamas had a huge amount of personality and were a delight to walk with. The lunch was fantastic too and great to have a bit of time to explore Brimham Rocks whilst we were there.

I've already started planning my next visit! If you enjoy a gentle-ish walk in beautiful surroundings with ever surprising and hysterical animals - this is for you!

Reviewed 12 July 2012

I brought my daughter to Nidderdale for a few days after she had completed her A levels and we wanted to do something out of the ordinary. Llama trekking is certainly that, but also strangely natural and very tranquil. Suzanne was a delight, everything was perfectly explained and un-hurried and we loved her company as we walked. As you stroll through the landscape you are close up to the countryside; you see views you can only find on footpaths and there is a wonderful sense of peace as you commune with your Llama. We took Bertie and DAsset out with us and they were both wonderfully companionable. I should talk about the experience though and not just the beautiful creatures, the service is personal, the experience unique. Suzanne has this all exactly right and you therefore feel that you are her only priority. Perfect. To cap it all we ate lunch on our return and there was a wheat-free version for me (I know, I'm a pain) which was absolutely the best picnic I have had since going wheat-free. Thank-you Suzanne, send our love to Bertie and DAsset.

Reviewed 28 June 2012 via mobile

I am a school teacher and I arranged a visit with a few deaf children. We had a talk from Suzanne about the Llamas and then we got the chance for a walk with them which the children thoroughly enjoyed! We came back and had a look and stroke of all the animals including guinea pigs, rabbits, ferrets and snakes. Suzanne was so patient with the children and all the animals were perfect.... We all really enjoyed our morning thankyou!....keep up the hard work!!!

Reviewed 26 June 2012

I have visited Nidderdale llamas on several occasions . I have trekked with the llamas and also enjoyed the farm experience with my six year old niece. The staff are always informative and helpful. The fact that you have to book means you have undivided attention and makes the whole visit even more enjoyable. The llamas are all real characters with very different personalities.I have trekked with Morgan who was very sweet and a perfect gentleman! I look forward to returning in August as my niece has requested a return visit for her birthday