Kimberley Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Ascot House Hotel Harrogate(Harrogate)
  • Pool
Cairn Hotel(Harrogate)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Old Swan Hotel(Harrogate)
The Crown Hotel(Harrogate)
1,822 results
All reviewscar parkexecutive roomsignatures restaurantsignature restaurantbudget roomtown centreper nightlovely hoteltwo nightsgood sizewould stay againgroupon dealroom was largefirst morningevening mealmodern bathroombiscuits
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Booked this hotel for an overnight stay after a wedding. It was very reasonably priced and I expected a pretty basic standard of accommodation - cheap and cheerful I suppose.However we were very pleasantly surprised to find our room to be spacious, spotless and with smart, modern furniture.The en suite was large with modern fittings, both bath and shower and joy of joys, large white bath towels not the skimpy little things one usually finds in the cheaper hotels.
Our son and daughter-in-law had a lovely big ground floor room furnished in what I would call French colonial style- totally different from ours but equally as attractive.Three cheers Kimberley Hotel for individuality and good value!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights as part of a KGB deal and cannot fault it at all. Prior to arrival I had contacted the Hotel requesting a room in the annexe overlooking the wooded area, this request was granted and upon arrival we had a lovely room as requested, the room was very spacious and comfortable and the bathroom was massive with a great rain shower over the bath. Also included in the deal was a bottle of wine and breakfast, the wine was waiting in the room on arrival and the breakfasts were excellent. The staff in the hotel were very friendly and helpful, the location of the hotel is very good taking only minutes to walk into the town centre. As mentioned on other reviews there is a charge for car parking at the hotel, but I didn't find this an issue as I left my car safe and secure at the hotel, whilst I walked into the town and utilised the train to go to York for the day. Overall this is a excellent hotel(especially if you get it on a deal) and I would definitely stay here again if visiting Harrogate.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights with a KGB deal. Hotel was fantastic. Very clean modern decor. Didn't park in hotel car park as knew it was tiny and they charged £6 per night! So we parked around the corner on Coppice Drive (you have to be careful though cause only a small portion of the street is free to park on, some of the street is disc/permit holders only). Our room was pretty big, and the bed was super comfy! The bathroom was lovely. We had a big corner bath and a separate walk-in rainfall shower. Only problem we really experienced was with the shower- the water pressure kept varying, and at some points it would just go off completely or just slow to a trickle. It got rather annoying standing there getting cold with shampoo in your hair waiting (for 10 mins) for it to come back on. We did call someone from maintenance on the first day regarding the problem. He said he would check the water pressure in the basement and we never saw him again, although the problem persisted.

Overall, gorgeous hotel in gorgeous surroundings. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2012

This is my 2nd visit to the Kimberley hotel and last time I reviewed it I only gave it an average marking. This time round it was excellent. I was not happy with the check in staff on my last visit but this time they were fantastic nothing was to much trouble. I booked with a KGB deal which included a bottle of wine, the wine in the room was red which we do not like and the staff quickly changed this and delivered a nice chilled bottle to our room. The room was lovely and comfortable and although right next to the entrance as the car park was lovely and quiet. We ate one night in the bistro and the food and service were excellent I would recommend it. Check out was very easy and the staff again very pleasant. Half way home I realised I had left my own pillow that I take everywhere with me on the bed, I contacted the hotel on the Tuesday and asked if they could post it (a big ask) and they very kindly said they would and took my debit card details to charge me for the postage. The pillow arrived on Saturday morning well packed now that is going the extra mile. I will definatly be back again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank wander41
Reviewed 22 June 2012

We booked this hotel via laterooms.com and therefore it was good value. The hotel has two buildings and we stayed in the older one which was more old fashioned but still very comfortable. My friends stayed in the annex which was more modern with bigger rooms. Rooms were very clean with tv and decent bathroom- great shower. Bed appeared huge but it just two single bed pushed together, which was a little uncomfortable at times. It was a little noisy at night with doors slamming, not sure if that was just sure to the building being old. Breakfast lovely! Good selection of food, although not cheap. Location great! Just a short walk into harrogate but still in a quiet area with parking at rear that u pay for. The stay was great and was good value for money. The only problem was the hotel took 50 pounds from both my friends and our accounts which they called verification. This money appeared back in account days later but they did not tell us this would happen and when asked about it, explained they had not actually taken the money. However our accounts were both minus 50 pounds and we checked with our banks. For that reason, not sure if u would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012