“Nice hotel, good location, fab breakfast”
Review of Kimberley Hotel

Kimberley Hotel
Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in Harrogate
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We booked our one night stay on a Living Social deal and were slightly dismayed to uncover an extra £20 surcharge for a saturday stay which was not made clear on the original deal. We also found the car park to be poor - not enough spaces and £6 per day fee seems a bit excessive - it should be included really. However, having said all that, the price we paid is comparable to the Premier Inn in Harrogate which is less well located, does not include breakfast and is not as high standard. The staff are very nice, the room was lovely (Executive) but the best part for me was the fantastic breakfast which if not included in the room rate, costs £10 per person. All hot items are excellent quality and there is also a slection of cereals and other items. We were in a room in the annexe across the car park which is very quiet.The pillows were rock hard unfortunately which did not make for a good night's sleep. Room was hot but had windows that could be opened and good aircon. All in all,a nice hotel, lovely decor and we will definitely return when next in Harrogate. Is right next to the International Conference Centre and only 5 mins walk into town.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Arrived at the Hotel about 2pm with no problems parking at the back of the Hotel. The Staff were very polite and friendly. We were allocated room 2206 (executive room) and it was beautifully decorated, very spacious and clean with 32" lcd television on the wall. The room was very hot but we were able to turn the heating down with a thermostat on the wall. we ate Breakfast in he Hotel and that was lovely. We had our evening meal at the Signature Restaurant and the food was delicious, would definitely recommend the rib eye steak, the best steak we've ever had. The food was that nice we ate at the Restaurant on our second night and we were certainly not disappointed. The Staff in the Signature Restaurant were very Friendly and welcoming. The Hotel is a 5 - 10 minute walk to the Town Centre. This is our first time in Harrogate and we loved it, we are already planning our next visit and will without doubt be staying at The Kimberley Hotel.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

My wife and I booked an evening meal in The Signatures Restaurant on a Friday night and decided to stop overnight at The Kimberley. We had a first class meal served by friendly and efficient staff in Signatures and the reception staff at the Kimberley were also friendly and helpful We had booked a superior room which was separate. to the hotel across the car park. It was a cold night and the room was a bit cold on arrival but after locating the thermostat it soon warmed up, The room was very nice with bath robes chocolates and bottled water. The hotel is well located for Harrogate centre and will definitely return to both restaurant and hotel.

1  Thank vaughan2885
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I booked the Kimberley Hotel for a business Trip as it was so close to the HIC and to say the least I was disappointed.

Pro's,

Easy to Find, Staff Polite and welcoming, Night Staff for late check in, Breakfast tasted good

Con's,

Car Park small, had to park on road in residential area
Bathroom disgusting, cracked tiles, discolored grout, bath cracked, grime and dirt.
Tv over in corner, not an ideal angle once in bed
Breakfast late on day one, told to wait as "no" staff but clearly there was as food was already under the hotplates. Prob meant no staff to take my tea and toast order!
Came to the bar for dinner at 20:30 after a exhausting days work, told no orders until at least 9pm and if i wanted bar food eg: burger and chips then I would have to order room service! I went next door to the holiday inn and they did a fantastic burger!! didn't have to wait there or eat in my room!
Signage clearly for towel theft makes me wonder the clientele they attract .

Will stay at HIC holiday inn next time.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Matt M
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We went to Harrogate and stayed for 2 nights at the Kimberely. The room we had was in an annex out the back but it was very nice, well furnished, clean and comfortable.
I have read on other reviews about the temperature in the room, which was very hot when we arrived, but after finding the thermostat on the wall and adjusting it we had no further problems.
The staff were excellent and friendly especially in the restaurant and breakfast room.
The only downside I felt was the fact that the bar and restaurant was a franchise, so you couldn't charge things to your room.
However, that said I would definately stay there again!

1  Thank DaveT61
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We needed three rooms for us and friends visiting Harrogate for a wedding, to be honest we spent little time in the hotel. Check in and staff was excellent and everyone helpful and friendly. Room was ok, clean but nothing special and had reasonable decoration. It was a step up from a travelodge but without the character of a nice B&B. The price was reasonable at £69 for a double, I believe they advertise higher prices which would in my mind not be worth it.

I have only one complaint, which worries me as having now read other reviews I realise that Im not the first to complain about it - although staff acted shocked and suprised as if they had never had the complaint before. We woke up in the middle of the night because the room was extremely hot, we opened both windows fully (when we had arrived I had notice both were open and presumed it was to change the air in the room for new guests and I stupidly closed them) We checked the radiators but there was no way to turn off the heating so we were left with very little choice but to remove all bedding and leave windows wide open for the rest of the night. It was unpleasantly hot and there was nothing we could do about it - I wouldn't stay here again because of this esspecially reading that this is obviously not a one off incident.

1  Thank tw0plusasmall0ne
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

Booked a deal with Superior Room B&B for £59.
Plenty of parking spaces.
The room was enormous, nicely furnished with a lovely bathroom.
The breakfast area is a bit squashed but food was great. Staff very friendly.
Would definitely book again!
Also very close to restaurants for an evening meal!

• Stayed: October 2013