“good price for a room in harrogate”
Review of Kimberley Hotel

Kimberley Hotel
Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Harrogate
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“good price for a room in harrogate”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

my partner and i booked this hotel while stopping off in harrogate. hotel room a little worn, bathroom clean, but maybe a little updating could be done, the price was fantastic to stay in harrogate location good. room was large. beds comfortable, and staff were friendly and efficient. car parking was £6 but decline as spaces were available 200metres further up the street for free, maybe check this before paying for parking. would return.

1 Thank enncle
KimManagement, Deputy General Manager at Kimberley Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear enncle,
Many thanks for your review regarding your recent stay at The Kimberley Hotel in Harrogate. I am delighted that you found our prices reasonable, and enjoyed your stay with us. The room that you were staying in was a Budget room which are advertised as very basic in décor and facilities, hence the reason for the room to be a little worn.
We do advertise that we have a small car park towards the rear of the hotel, chargeable at £6 per night, but am pleased that you were able to find alternate free parking.
I look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (479)
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

A decent 3 star hotel with friendly staff and good location.

We got a late deal so it represented good value and was only a 5-10 minute walk to the centre of Harrogate.

Looked as if the hotel had a fairly recent upgrade, the bathroom was spacious and clean and done to a good standard. Only negative was the carpet, looks as if that needs some upgrading. Otherwise would recommend if looking for budget type accommodation.

Dear Tonmax,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent review at The Kimberley Hotel. I am delighted that found everything to your liking, and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed overnight at this hotel and from arrival the hotel staff were a delight to talk with.
I arrived slightly early and was not able to book into my room which was a shame.
I asked for a quiet room and was given 1107, a very pleasant room with a fair outlook.
i would say that the glass shelf in the shower room is somewhat in an awkward location being about 8 cms from the wall allowing items to fall into the sink and its location when bending down may mean you hit your forehead on it!

The room is a good size but unfortunately for me the occupant of the room above spent most of the night wandering around the room on the squeaky floorboards and the next room went to sleep with the television on. Needless to say my quiet room was not and consequently I checked out at 0500 unable to sleep.

I would return and although there is a parking fee, as in most places in Harrogate, is a good location with good staff.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank James H
Dear James H,
Firstly, many thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us at The Kimberley Hotel. I am pleased that your stay was mainly pleasant, and have passed on your comments regarding the glass shelf to our maintenance team.
As I’m sure you can appreciate, the main building of our hotel, of which you were residing in, was originally a Victorian town house therefore is over a 100 years old. We are limited as to what we can do within the main building, and sometimes the floor boards do creak and the walls are relatively thin, but this all adds to the character of a lovely old building.
I apologise that you did not get a restful night, and if you had mentioned this issue to our reception team we would have endeavoured to find a solution.
If you would like to discuss this matter further, please do not hesitate to contact myself via my direct email Danielle.wilson@thekimberley.co.uk
We do hope you will choose to stay with us again, and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Bedworth
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We stayed for the one night (wished it could have been more) on a deal which included dining in the bistro. Firstly, the location was fine for us. Able to park off road at the rear of the hotel (£6 charge), the centre of Harrogate is then only a 10 minute walk away. we had an exec room on 3rd floor to rear of building - its was roomy, fresh and spotlessly clean with a comfortable bed. The bistro has a very pleasant atmosphere, and the service (thanks Naomi and James) was first class.The food was very nice and well presented - wife was impressed with the Sea bass.
Staff on reception were also very polite, even when under pressure checking in a large group that arrived at same time as ourselves. Gets my vote !, will be going back some time soon.

Room Tip: Exec Rooms are well appointed
1 Thank Mark T
Dear Mark T,
Firstly, many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at The Kimberley Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and found the service in Signature’s Bistro to be excellent. I have passed your comments to Naomi and James, and they are thrilled that they managed to surpass your expectations. The Front of House team including Reception pride themselves in delivering first class customer service, and I am pleased that you found that to be the case.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Kimberley Hotel. Don’t forget to give the hotel a call directly to check to see if there are any special offers you can take advantage of.

Carnoustie, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I haven't stayed here for a couple of years, but it definitely seems to have become "ordinary". The executive rooms were a bit smarter than now, and they used to have a small bottle of wine and a snack in your room upon arrival. This nice touch seems to have stopped.

Also, watch out for the hidden charge when using an Amex Card. I ave all my details in my online booking and there was no mention of an additional charge for using Amex. When I got there, they added 4% to my bill. I am not sure that is legal, given they had publisghed a price and I had booked on that basis.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Bob B,
Many thanks for your review of your recent stay with us at The Kimberley Hotel. In regards to the extras that were in your room in times gone by, this is no longer feasible for the prices we charge for accommodation. To be able to continue with these items, we would have had to increase our room rates by a considerable amount, and we felt that as a whole, this was not the best thing for our customers.
American Express set a rate of 4% surcharge for each transaction which is charged to the hotel, so we carry this across directly. Some of the 3rd party sites, one of which I believe you booked with, do state this in the terms and conditions, and if you booked with us directly, it would have been clear in the confirmation email sent.
However, I do hope that you decide to visit us again, and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

London
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed here for the weekend to explore Harrogate and it is a perfect location. We stayed in an executive room which was really lovely although overlooking the car park. The room was large and very comfortable and the bathroom great. A clock in the room would have been nice.
I told the hotel that I was disabled and they said they would reserve a space but this did not happen. The car park does get full and we couldn't get a space the 2nd day. The lift was also not working so I had to walk up a flight of stairs to the room.
The food and service in the bistro was very nice as was the ambience. The breakfast room was very warm and rather uncomfortable and when we asked to move it was as if we were being awkward.. Although the hot food on the buffet was very nice the cold selection wasn't as nice as I expected. The cereal choice was limited, fruit salad very boring (mostly apples), cheese in plastic and muffins in bags was a bit naff. Some fresh pastries would have been better. I'm being a bit picky but a little extra effort (and some a/c) it would be great.
Overall though I would definitely stay here again in and exec room.

Room Tip: get an exec room
Dear Jacquibabs,
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at The Kimberley Hotel. I’m glad you found the location to your liking as many guests do, as we are within walking distance to the town centre, but not among the hustle and bustle this usually entails.
Due to the fact that our car park is rather small and we cannot offer parking for every single guest that stays with us, it is operated on a first come, first serve basis, therefore reserving a space is never possible. I apologise that you believed this was the case, but I am quite certain that the reception team will have been able to advise you of parking close by on your 2nd night’s stay. Unfortunately we were having problems with the lift during your stay, and it was placed on an emergency call out as soon as we were aware of the problem, however, it took longer to get fixed than usual as we were waiting for a part to arrive. I can only apologise for the inconvenience caused.
I am delighted you took the chance to dine in Signatures Bistro and found everything to your liking. Our Chefs pride themselves in what they do, and I am glad that you found the service to match their skill.
I have passed on your feedback to the Head Chef regarding breakfast, and he is looking into it.
I do hope you decide to stay with us again, and would like to point out at all our Executive and Deluxe Rooms come with Air Conditioning as standard.

Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We booked a two night package with dinner on the first night and a cream tea. We found the hotel easily and were pleasantly surprised at how close it is to the International Centre. We had a good welcome at reception. Indeed all the staff were pleasant and helpful and did everything to ensure we had a good stay. We had a deluxe room in a separate building across the car park. It was spacious, clean and comfortable - and quiet as we had requested. We had dinner in the Signatures Bistro - the food was excellent, as was our cream tea next day. Breakfast was in the restaurant, again excellent food with plenty of choices.

1 Thank travel1408
Dear travel1408,
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at The Kimberley Hotel. I am delighted that you found the hotel and room to your liking, and that you took the opportunity to dine in Signatures Bistro. The Kimberley Hotel team as a whole take a lot of pride in what they do, striving to deliver the very best in customer service and facilities available. If you decide to stay with us again, please contact that hotel directly to check if we are running any special offers you may be able to take advantage of.
Kind Regards,