“A Good Find!”
Review of Kimberley Hotel

Kimberley Hotel
Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Harrogate
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We stayed at the Kimberley whilst we attended an event at the conference centre which is an easy, short walk from the hotel. We has a standard double room which was nicely finished. Tea, coffee, chocolates and bottles or water were replaced daily. The room was clean and decorated in a modern style. The bed was a small double but perfectly comfortable. We found £12 each a bit steep for a breakfast when the room was only costing £50 a night so chose to eat elsewhere and there is lots of local choice. However, the dining area looked pleasant and the bar and outside seating area was good except the service was slow when the only bar person went off to make a round of teas and coffees for some customers. Parking wasn't a problem and I don't think you can grumble at the £6.00 a day fee. Our only complaint was a lack of a large towel rail or some hooks for two towels in the shower room and the room got very hot. There were two small windows but this didn't cool the air sufficiently for the summer temperatures during our stay. Overall, for the price paid, we were very happy with the hotel and it's location. Harrogate is a beautiful place and we would both be happy to stay at the Kimberley again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
KimManagement, Deputy General Manager at Kimberley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear Beenonatrip,
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us at The Kimberley Hotel Harrogate. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, and look forward to welcoming you back if you decide to visit Harrogate again. Breakfast is chargeable at £7.95 for a continental, and £9.95 for a Full English per person, and is an all you can eat buffet. Our Chefs pride themselves on selecting the finest Yorkshire produce for our breakfasts, however, given our central location, the option is available for guests to choose to dine elsewhere. We do have a large supply of fans that the reception team would have been able to distribute if asked, though the weather has been fantastic and very unusual for Yorkshire! Please contact the hotel directly to take advantage of any special offers we may have running if you are looking to stay in the area again.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Stayed one night in the build up to the Tour De France. Excellent service by the staff, really nice place. Did not eat here so cannot comment but very good value for money. Parking limited but I got a space, good value at £6 per night. Short walk into centre of Harrogate but nothing onerous. Will stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear John W,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at The Kimberley Hotel in Harrogate. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you again in the future. Please call the hotel directly to take advantage of any special offers we may have if you decide to visit Harrogate again.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I stayed at the Kimberley Hotel for two nights for a business trip. I had a double room. The hotel is comfortable and clean and the bathroom is great. The staff were absolutely lovely and very friendly. The walls are a bit thin, so there was quite a bit of creaking floors and doors banging at night that made sleep a little difficult. And the pillows were so hard I woke up with sore ears.

I am also greatly amused, as a South African, that the Kimberley Hotel proudly says on their website that their name derives from the great diamond fields in 'Australia'. They mean, of course, in South Africa.

Other than that, a perfectly nice stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
KimManagement, Deputy General Manager at Kimberley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Ingwenya

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at The Kimberley Hotel. I am delighted that you found the majority of your stay to be good, and am proud of the team for delivering excellent service. As you can imagine from a converted Victorian Town House, the floor boards do creak, but it adds to the character of such a building. We would have been more than happy to replace your pillows if you had let us know during your stay.

As for the mistake on our website, I apologise, and can assure you that this has now been corrected.

I do hope you decide to visit Harrogate again whether it be business or pleasure, please ensure you contact the hotel directly to ensure that you are able to take advantage of any special offers we may be running.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Room was HUGE!
Bathroom spotless and excellent quality of toiletries there
Mints and biscuits and bottled water at no extra charge!
Very fancy place - building stunning
Within walking distance of centre but quiet as a few streets away

Room Tip: ask for a quiet one - i did and it worked!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Happy_Holidayer_31

• Dear Happy_Holidayer_28
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at The Kimberley Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your break, and that you appreciated the hotel and the little extras we include. I would love to welcome you back to the hotel, so please contact us directly to take advantage of any special offers we may be running in the future.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

This hotel has recently been refurbished and the new bedrooms are very well appointed and this is the reason for my grading. The rest of the hotel struggles to get up to the same standard but is quite reasonable. Breakfast is very ordinary but adequate. What makes this hotel worth considering is the proximity to the conference centre - a very short stroll away - as well as it's central location for the town.

Room Tip: Ask for a new annex room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Buckster21
KimManagement, Deputy General Manager at Kimberley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Buckster21,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Kimberley Hotel. The hotel is in a perfect location for both the Harrogate International Centre, The Royal Hall and the town centre alike, though far enough away not to be disturbed by the hustle and bustle of a busy town centre. Our Executive and Deluxe rooms are in purpose built buildings, however, the rest of the hotel is part of converted town houses, so we are limited as to what we can do. I do hope you choose to stay with us again, and look forward to welcoming you back. Please contact us directly to ensure you do not miss out on any special offers we may be running that you could take advantage of.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

A decent 3 star hotel with friendly staff and good location.

We got a late deal so it represented good value and was only a 5-10 minute walk to the centre of Harrogate.

Looked as if the hotel had a fairly recent upgrade, the bathroom was spacious and clean and done to a good standard. Only negative was the carpet, looks as if that needs some upgrading. Otherwise would recommend if looking for budget type accommodation.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
KimManagement, Deputy General Manager at Kimberley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Tonmax,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent review at The Kimberley Hotel. I am delighted that found everything to your liking, and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed overnight at this hotel and from arrival the hotel staff were a delight to talk with.
I arrived slightly early and was not able to book into my room which was a shame.
I asked for a quiet room and was given 1107, a very pleasant room with a fair outlook.
i would say that the glass shelf in the shower room is somewhat in an awkward location being about 8 cms from the wall allowing items to fall into the sink and its location when bending down may mean you hit your forehead on it!

The room is a good size but unfortunately for me the occupant of the room above spent most of the night wandering around the room on the squeaky floorboards and the next room went to sleep with the television on. Needless to say my quiet room was not and consequently I checked out at 0500 unable to sleep.

I would return and although there is a parking fee, as in most places in Harrogate, is a good location with good staff.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank James H

Dear James H,
Firstly, many thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us at The Kimberley Hotel. I am pleased that your stay was mainly pleasant, and have passed on your comments regarding the glass shelf to our maintenance team.
As I’m sure you can appreciate, the main building of our hotel, of which you were residing in, was originally a Victorian town house therefore is over a 100 years old. We are limited as to what we can do within the main building, and sometimes the floor boards do creak and the walls are relatively thin, but this all adds to the character of a lovely old building.
I apologise that you did not get a restful night, and if you had mentioned this issue to our reception team we would have endeavoured to find a solution.
If you would like to discuss this matter further, please do not hesitate to contact myself via my direct email Danielle.wilson@thekimberley.co.uk
We do hope you will choose to stay with us again, and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.