The Majestic Hotel
Cedar Court Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$67
Cairn Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$72
  • Breakfast included
Ascot House Hotel Harrogate(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$74
The Crown Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$71
Old Swan Hotel(Harrogate)
US$167
US$119
The West Park Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$118
  • Restaurant
Hotel du Vin and Bistro(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$122
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Harrogate(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$64
Rudding Park Hotel(Follifoot)
US$359
3,421 results
All reviewspremium roomafternoon teaevening mealleisure facilitiesthree course mealrefurbished roomtown centrepublic areaslarge hotelspa breakbit datedself servicelots of choiceold buildingcar parkingbuffet styleone night stay
Reviewed 11 November 2012

3rd time I have stayed here and i love it's location, beautiful grounds, grand public areas with high ceilings. It may be dated but it has a bit of class, in the billiard room/ bar notice the curved glass in the windows and ask yourself how much it would cost to do that these days, it has nice touches like that from another era. Rooms are clean and the staff friendly. The pool and spa could be bigger. Breakfasts are excellent. I had booked a special offer and this made it even more of a treat.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank jimblackcats
V_Johnson_GM, General Manager at The Majestic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2012

Dear jimblackcats,

Thank you for posting your review of the Majestic Hotel, Harrogate. I'm very thankful for your continued patronage and hope you'll be returning again soon.

It may be worth you joining our Leisurebreaks Club, as then you would get the earliest opportunity to access our best short break rates.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon, kind regards, Vince

Reviewed 10 November 2012

We visited here as group of girls for friends birthday, we had booked the stay quite a number of weeks earlier and gave our card details over the phone, very unimpressed with check in there were a number of receptionists but only one appeared to speak English. The rooms were not ready on time and on checking in we were told that the room hadnt been paid for at the time of giving our card details!! I found this very strange as we had 5 rooms booked not a good system if we had all rang up to cancel the day before!
Rooms were fine when we finally got our keys.
We decided to use the pool and spa as we had come for a chill out to find that all the sunbeds were taken, on using the jacuzzi we were joined by local youths who were cheeky and thought it was fun to continually splash us, on complaining to staff they didnt even speak to the kids...wasnt the relaxation we were looking for.
Very good breakfast the next morning though!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Dear joanne_romanby,

Thank you for posting your review of the Majestic Hotel, Harrogate. I'm sorry that you we didn't quite meet your expectations and for the benefit of others, I do need to clarify a couple of points.

Some of our packages are prepayable and others just take a credit card guarantee. Your package was just one needing a guarantee with no monies charged in advance. On these bookings you are usually able to cancel up to 12pm on the day of arrival. Such flexible rates are usually more expensive than the prepaid ones.

You are not alone in that many guests assume that we will take the full charge from the card number given. It is important just to check when booking, for your own peace of mind.

All our Reception Team are English, mostly from Yorkshire, though I am sorry there was a short delay on your rooms being available.

I must reassure other prospective clients that we don't operate a drop in youth club from our jacuzzi, though we do have some members of the club who are student members. I am sorry that they affected your enjoyment.

Many thanks, Vince

Reviewed 9 November 2012

If I'm honest, we were underwhelmed. Our unsympathetically decorated room felt too stark and modern in such a historic property, plus it was sweltering during the night from the very efficient old radiator! The food was fine, and the staff generally friendly, though the waitress laying out the tables for lunch during breakfast was rude, plus we had to shout to hear ourselves over the conference crowd having their morning break outside. Overall,the atmosphere was more of a conference venue than somewhere you would go for a city break - a shame as it was a birthday treat. Wouldn't pay a return visit based on this experience - sorry. Also, asking guests to pay to park seems a bit much!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

Dear R W,

Thank you for posting your review of the Majestic Hotel. I am sorry that you were not impressed with certain aspects of your stay. Bedroom design is subjective and most other reviews seem in favour of our efforts.

All our many radiators do have thermostatic valves and I'm glad that you found the room cosy and warm. Our parking charges are minimal at just £3.50 per night and widely highlighted on our site and all others.

We do have many different decoration schemes and I do hope that on your next visit you will have the opportunity to experience another option which you may favout more.

Kind regards, Vince

Reviewed 9 November 2012

We spent a two day break in this hotel early November. It was obviously grand when first built in 1900. It sat in grounds close to the centre, five minutes walk. This hotel had lovely well proportioned public areas with a lot of the old features. Our room was large and well appointed. The hotel had a quiet elegance, the staff were efficient and attentive. We only eat breakfast in the Dining Room, but it was excellent, with a wide variety of hot and cold food. I would certainly stay there again if visiting Harrogate and would recoment it.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear kiwinorfolk,

Thank you for posting your rview of the Majestic Hotel, Harrogate. I'm very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Many thanks, Vince

Reviewed 7 November 2012

Home from 2 days one night, I had a lovely new room with a horrid lumpy bed, but a few drinks aided my sleep. All the food I had here was great and I may return for a short break soon. The hotel and its staff are all great and what you expect from an older impressive building.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
V_Johnson_GM, General Manager at The Majestic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2012

Dear charlietraveler57,

Thank you for posting your review of the Majestic Hotel following your stay with us for a conference. I'm very glad that you had an enjoyable time with us and enjoyed our food.

I'm scratching my head about the lumpy bed in a new room. If you'd be really helpful and let me know your room number or stay details then I can check as they are all new Hypnos beds with comforters and the like. Email is v.johnson@pumahotels.co.uk

I do hope that you will decide to revisit us for leisure as you'll not have had much time during the conference to explore beautiful Harrogate.

Many thanks for sharing your feedback, Vince