The Majestic is finally getting the investment it deserves and once completed I am sure this would get a five star review from me.
On the positive side:
- The hotel exudes Victorian elegance and some fo the public spaces are magnificent
- Central Harrogate is a very short (, 5 mins) wlk from the hotel so it is very well positioned
- Harrogate itself is a nice town
- Staff are welcoming and hospitable
- My bedroom was spacious
- Breakfast buffet was extensive
However, there are still rough edges:
- Equipment in the gym seems old and worn out
- Heating in the bedroom is very difficult to control
- My bedroom was in need of refurbishment, particularly the bathroom
Overall I had a good stay and would be happy to stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Victorian landmark, the four-star Majestic Hotel has 170 bedrooms and sits in 12 acres of landscaped grounds in the centre of the spa town of Harrogate. Just a mile from the train station and 10 minutes walk from the famous Betty’s Tea Rooms, it’s the perfect location to enjoy Harrogate’s quaint shops and spas; and you can also venture out to the wild landscape of the Yorkshire Dales. With a pool, jacuzzi, steam room and beauty salon, as well as tea rooms, a bar and the Majestic Restaurant there’s everything you need to relax after a day of sightseeing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Majestic Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Harrogate
- Majestic Hotel Harrogate
- The Majestic Hotel Harrogate, Yorkshire