4,010 results
All reviews premium room afternoon tea leisure facilities evening meal refurbished room three course meal large hotel town centre self service bit dated old building lots of choice one night stay buffet style night break enjoyable stay birthday treat
Reviewed 25 October 2017

This hotel is situated in the heart of Harrogate in its own grounds. The staff are welcoming and efficient. The room which we upgraded to a deluxe double was extremely spacial with wonderful views over Harrogate. The room was very clean with a comfortable king size bed. Water and assorted teas and coffee are available in the room, together with a hairdryer and ironing board and iron. The hotel has free spa facilities, which includes a swimming pool, Jacuzzi and sauna room. The Jacuzzi was not working unfortunately on the weekend that I was there, which was sad as this was a special spa treat that I was looking forward too. there were other ladies who also had special events that they were celebrating and felt that it was pretty poor not to have this working. However, The breakfast at the Majestic was one of the best I have had, fresh, well cooked and a vast selection. Would I recommend this hotel - I already have!!! Thank you

Room tip: Rooms are practically sound proof.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

Three room changes in three nights. First bed was broken, second room smelt badly of damp on the wall right next to bed, third room was acceptable but felt like being in a hostel it was so basic. I actually have stayed in better hostels for less money.
Rooms were dusty and old, I actually am now suffering adult from allergies due to it.
No apologies at all on any occasion and no discount offered until asked for - that was only a waive of the parking charges.
Champagne is meant to be half price on a Friday - this was not applied to the bill.
My parents stayed in a deluxe double and the room was a different level, it was lovely and clean and modern.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

I came here with my partner as part of an overnight spa deal. The hotel us beautiful although in some places it is looking tired. I have visited before a couple of years ago and remember our room being much more modern - this time the room was quite old and tired. It is clean although I noticed quite a lot of dust on top of the mirror and lamp shades by the bed. The spa treatments were really nice although they re-arranged the times the day before so instead of having a relaxing afternoon of spa treatments we had to get up quite early and have treatments at 9.30am. The restaurant was also quite slow - ok we spent about 2 hours having 2 courses. The staff were always busy and friendly. The lady in the spa was lovely and gave one of the best back massages I'd ever had. There is an 8 pounds charge for the car park.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2017

I drove there and the hotel was easy to find. Good size parking area. Located a few minutes walk from the city centre. There is a gym which had a good choice of equipment. There is also a Swedish sauna in each of the changing rooms. Food was very good. It is a pretty lavish looking hotel, well maintained considering it is not a new hotel. On the downside the lifts aren't the quickest so expect a small wait. For some reason the hotel bar seems understaffed so expect a wait there during busy times.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

We have just returned from a 2 night stay with our family.
On arrival check in was very slow. One girl trying her best with the queue while the duty manager sat on another computer ignoring the customers.
The room was excellent though, although a little tired it was clean.
The evening dinner was excellent but the same could not be said for Breakfast. Sunday 22nd was good, but the following day was a disaster. Waited almost 20 minutes to be seated.The staff were rude and abrupt. When we went to get the breakfast there was another long queue and when we finally got to the counter there was nothing left and we had to wait again. Staff appeared to be uninterested in customers waiting.
All in all I doubt we would stay here again simply because of the disorganisation.

Trip type: Travelled with family