Ascot House Hotel Harrogate
Cedar Court Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$71
The West Park Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$142
  • Restaurant
Hotel du Vin and Bistro(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$123
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Harrogate(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$76
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
The Crown Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$83
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Rudding Park Hotel(Follifoot)
US$361
All reviewsturret roomsmall hoteltown centrestained glasslovely hotelyorkshire breakfastkippersten minute walkno liftevening mealon site parkinglarge bedwould highly recommend this hotelwithin easy walking distancecar parkhigh standardboth nights
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I have just returned from a long weekend in Harrogate where I stayed in the Amazing Ascot House. I chose the hotel due to its reviews and was not disappointed. Our 'cosy double' was clean and comfortable and perfect for a short stay. Breakfast was delicious I ate the porridge and fresh fruit salad whist my husband opted for the Yorkshire breakfast - both were larger than expected and of excellent quality. Service was friendly and relaxed; we made use of both the lounge and the bar. The attention to detail in the whole hotel makes it feel so much more than a 3 star. I recommend it fully.

1  Thank Buddwort
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Well, stayed here for a family do, in the family room, small cramped, designed for OAPs Even the stairs up to our room smelt of damp. Bathroom cleanish but far from squeaky clean, whatever happened to the hot water after the first half inch I can't imagine. Staff and service a bit creepy and again more suited to old people - most of the guests seemed elderly. Not for families.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Tildy B
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Having checked that all websites offered a double room for two at 79 pounds, and that the Ascot House Hotel's website guarantees 'lowest price', I called the hotel to make a reservation. The gentleman who answered offered me a double room for two for 84 pounds. When I queried the difference between the hotel and the websites, he snapped "Well, you should have said you wanted the 'cosy double'. That I can let you have for 79 pounds. I asked what the difference was between the 'cosy double' and the 'classic double' and he confirmed it was the size of the room. Still, I chose to proceed with the reservation for the 79 pounds 'cosy double'. After taking my details, he informed me that he'd need a 50 pounds deposit taken from the card immediately. When I asked why he needs me to pay 50 pounds at the end of June for an end of October reservation, he replied, "That's just the way it is." I explained that every hotel I know of will take my credit card details and charge me the cost of the room if I become a 'no show', and that if I show, I pay on departure. "Well, that might be other hotels, but here you have to pay 50 pounds deposit now," came the reply. We closed down the discussion and I placed my reservation elsewhere.

Room Tip: Research the type of room and cost options in advance.
8  Thank TrevorHall
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed in the Turret room which was perfectly nice - clean, relatively spacious, nice seating area and fireplace - but the en suite was poor quality in comparison with the rest of the hotel. It felt cheap and the shower had very poor water pressure. Breakfast was nice - the room and table setting were lovely - but it wasn't clear how it worked with no one to greet you when you came down to the dining room - main disappoint here was the old grubby metal teapots, especially after having a nice proper china teapot in the room. Overall it was fine and worked well for exploring the area but after thinking we would pay extra for the better room we felt it wasn't value for money.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Cate257
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We booked the Ascot , as part of a very brief honeymoon, on our way back from Scotland. We found the Hotel to be elegant . The staff charming and so welcoming . Our room, was immaculate and so quiet. The breakfast was superb and plenty of choice .
We sat out in the garden the first evening, which is beautifully kept .
If in Harrogate again , we shall return.
We must also thankyou for the generous bottle of chilled Proscecco . Thank you so much .

1  Thank Belinda H