“Very welcoming, great room, great food what more could you want!”

Ascot House Hotel Harrogate
Ranked #3 of 30 Hotels in Harrogate
Reviewed 20 March 2010

The welcome was lovely with an extremely gorgeous room (Four Poster bed). Bathroom, was spotless and everything was well planned out. The cleanliness was very good indeed with lovely drapes in the bedroom which fitted in with the character of the room. If there was one complaint at all about the room it was the reception of the television was a bit wayward sometimes.
The service was excellent no waiting for food and when it came it was excellent and HOT (not a complaint at all just lovely to have hot plates and hot food). Food was cooked to order and beautifully presented and tasted as good as it looked.
The staff were all very polite but a nice touch of humour was added in too. All very smart.
The Hotel was easily accesible to Harrogate centre but nice and quiet.
All in all it was very professionally run at a very reasonable price and lovely relaxing surroundings.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 March 2010

We have just returned from a one night stay at The Ascot House Hotel, it is a lovely hotel with charming characteristics about a 10min walk from the centre of Harrogate. The hotel is very much a family run hotel and we can honestly say we have never felt more welcome. Our room (a standard double) was cosy but very clean and warm and although it was not the most modern room we have ever stayed in we had all the essentials, a digital, flat screen t.v, clean bathroom with bath and shower and a nice comfy double bed. The hotel was in great condition with new carpets in the corridor which made the hotel smell really fresh and clean!! The breakfast was lovely, we had a full yorkshire breakfast it was cooked well and used local produce, the staff were fantastic and made us feel really welcome. The hotel also opens at night for food although we didn't try it the menu sounded nice. The hotel also has a free carpark which is a bonus as parking in Harrogate can be expensive. We would definately stay at this hotel again if we were to visit Harrogate again.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2010

Ascot house is an excellent choice for your stay in Harrogate,close to everything,the price ,the brekky,the welcome ,easy to find ,spotless,easy to park.What more can I say.If or when we stay in Harrogate again I will have no hesitation in checking out the Ascot.

Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 February 2010

Stayed 1 night at late notice. Owners could not be more accomodating. Arrived late on Sunday night after 8pm and was made to feel that nothing was any trouble, and had a full dinner service, cooked and prepared for me. Food was excellent, room and accomodation was excellent.
I chose this hotel on the basis of Trip Advisor reviews and once again they proved a valuable service. If only the big boys in the hotel industry paid attention to detail and personal service like this then we could all stop using Trip Advisor! Until then I'll continue to seek out small friendly and valuable hotel gems like this. 5 stars and a thanks to the owners for making a tired Glaswegian welcome in Harrogate.
Note to the owner (I bought the car!). Thanks guys. Recommended.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 February 2010

My partner and I chose this hotel purely on the excellent reviews we had read on Trip Advisor and that fact that came in within budget. We were not disappointed at all. The lady on Reception when we arrived was charming and welcoming. Our room was clean and spacious as was the bathroom. We had arrived quite late in the evening so didn't sample their evening meals although the menu looked good. Breakast though was excellent, freshly cooked to order and more than enough to keep us going well into the afternoon. This was a quick stopover for us in Harrogate before moving on but we have decided we will definitely return and spend a long weekend and enjoy the attractions of the area. With all the above and free WI-FI and parking, the Ascot Hotel will have our booking!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2009

I stayed here alone on 28/11/09 as I was going to meet up with friends from Surrey to go and see the fab Will Young at the Harrogate International Centre (left hubby at home).

Hotel was close to the city centre and has its own small car park which was free of charge to residents. I arrived in pouring rain and was greeted with a friendly smile. I had booked a single room and the room was compact but cosy and had everything in it you need. Bathroom consisted of a little loo and sink and a shower cubicle. Bedroom had a trouser-press, TV with Freeview and tea making facilities. I met up with friends in the day, saw the fabulous Will Young and then after I walked back to the hotel at 11:30pm by myself and felt very safe.

I had a comfortable night’s sleep and in the morning breakfast was served in the charming restaurant. There were choices of juices and cereal and then you were offered a cooked Yorkshire breakfast. The staff were very friendly and I would definitely stay here again. Next time I’d like to take my hubby too (well someone has to carry the shopping). I booked this room via the Laterooms website and paid £57 for a single en-suite room including breakfast.

This hotel is within easy walking distance of Harrogate train station, town centre shops and the Harrogate International Centre.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank Rachel_Meehan
Reviewed 14 December 2009

An easy to find hotel and well positioned for central Harrogate and the Conference Centre. Good service, nice clean rooms and a wonderful, freshly prepared breakfast. Would not hesitate in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple