“Excellent service, clean and good value”

and 1 more site!
Studley Hotel and Orchid Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 30 Hotels in Harrogate
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Stayed fir 2nd time on business. Room was small 37 but very comfortable, clean and good rate.
Breakfast I always delightful, well staffed and always. Most courteous. Good base for business or leisure.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Studley Hotel and Orchid Restaurant

Reviewed 7 July 2013

Stayed when my company arranged a hotel for me to stay in during some training i had to do.
And was very impressed with the hotel it has nice rooms with free WiFi and PC to use the internet on , the rooms are very nice and it has a lovely restaurant in the hotel as well. On the whole very ice hotel and would happily stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 July 2013

We eat at this restaurant as a family probably once every 2 months or so. It's often the case that people tend to forget to review when they eat somewhere regularly so here goes!
Our details are kept on file and you feel like the staff know who you are immediately when you phone to book a table.
When you arrive you are always greeted straight away and either offered a drink at the bar or to be taken to your table. Also the staff offer to take your coats.
A drinks order is taken as soon as would be expected - can recommend the Petit Chablis at £29.90 - delicious. Specials are always pointed out and tend to be some of our favourite dishes. Even at the busiest times you will never wait for more than 15 minutes for your food which is perfectly reasonable when in good company and sipping on a lovely glass of wine!
The food is always faultless and freshly prepared - the Wasabi Prawns to start are a MUST!
I could go on and on with the praise but you'll probably get bored!
The only point of criticism is that service is added to the bill automatically even when there are only two of you - no complaints really though, as always happy to pay for great service!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Elaine17234
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Loved this hotel. The car park at the back is small but I had no issue finding a space to manoeuvre in my little car, I did see some others struggling though. We had a lovely spacious room with one of the huge bay windows overlooking the front, if I'd had a big comfy chair and a good book I wouldn't have left the room all weekend! We were celebrating my sisters 50th birthday and the bar staff very kindly provided me with an ice bucket and flutes to chill the champagne I'd brought which was lovely. The location is fabulous, close to the baths and the pump room museum. Only regret was that we didn't eat in the restaurant as the food looked fantastic. Will definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Vicky M
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Stayed here for just one night as a birthday treat, I could not fault a thing! Lovely rooms, great staff and a tasty breakfast. Next time we'll try the restaurant as the menu looks very enticing! my only criticism was the view of the bin yard but I really didn't spend much time looking out of the window!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Anthony P
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I came here with work colleagues for the lunch menu, which is good value at £10.95 for two courses. As I am vegan, they made vegetable spring rolls for me and I also had black pepper vegetables with rice. The spring rolls were quite small and at first I was a bit disappointed, but then the main came and it was definitely big enough for lunch! The staff were so friendly and helpful and I will come again for sure!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ellie B
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I stayed here with my daughter to celebrate her 25th birthday. We had both always wanted to visit Harrogate and the proximity of the hotel to the town centre was a real bonus.
From the moment I booked the room the service couldn't have been more attentive. I had an email the following day asking if I wanted to book at table for dinner at the Orchid restaurant. It was just as well I did book as the restaurant was full both evenings we were there.
Our room was quiet and very comfortable. It was equipped with a PS2 plus docking station for most electronic devices and free wifi. I had ordered some flowers for my daughter's birthday, through the hotel booking system, which were lovely. I also requested a bottle of Pink Champagne on arrival which was in the room and perfectly chilled when we arrived.
The Orchid restaurant offered SE Asian cuisine at its best. We sampled many of the small plates on offer and were never disappointed. The flavours and presentation were excellent. On the evening of my daughter's birthday she was brought a slice of delicious chocolate cake with a candle. Breakfast was varied and the cooked options very tasty. We did not bring a car but there is a smallish car park at the back of the hotel and some on- street parking at the front. The station is an easy 10 minute walk away.
My first criticism would be that, although the bathroom was fun with a deep plunge bath, I discovered a face flannel and an empty shampoo sachet from a previous guest behind the radiator; the second, the standard of bar service. On the two occasions I wanted to order drinks I had to go to reception to ask for service. This was quickly remedied but when I asked for two glasses of the house white (about £6) I was asked what grape, country etc and then discovered I had paid over £8 for each glass.
Criticisms aside, I would return to this hotel next time I am in Harrogate without a second thought.

Room Tip: Room 12 is at the end of a corridor and is very quiet. Some smell of cigarette smoke drifts up from...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family