“Excellent Hotel with very helpful staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn

Holiday Inn
Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in Harrogate
Staines, United Kingdom
“Excellent Hotel with very helpful staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2011

Stayed for 1 night with my wife and i would definitely recommend a stay at this hotel.The rooms were spotlessly clean and the beds very comfortable with a choice of hard or soft pillows.The underground car park made it very easy to arrive and depart the hotel.The staff were very Helpful and and courteous and if they were checking you in,serving in the bar or restaurant they always seemed to have a smile on there face.I will definitely come back to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SteveGH
IHGHIHarrogate, Manager at Holiday Inn, responded to this review, 16 July 2011
Dear SteveGH

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments following a recent stay at the Holiday Inn Harrogate. I would like to assure you that we value all feedback and use it to improve our customer’s experiences for the future.

It is often said that the team make the hotel such a great experience for guests and I am so glad that this has been the case with your stay. I will pass on your fantastic comments onto to all; it makes such a different to their day to receive such positive feedback, we all look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

If there is anything further I can help with then I would be delighted to assist you, please contact myself over the phone or via email, I can be contacted on 01423 849988 or on ops.hiharrogate@qmh-hotels.com.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2011

Booked for family event mums birthday. hotel really nice. rooms good big beds.
Bar was too expensive. good breakfast apart from the sausages where undercooked, and
one member of staff was clearing our plates while we still eating which was rude.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank 186356Patricia
Dear 186356Patricia

I was most concerned to read about the issues you encountered during your stay with us and I can assure you the relevant steps have been taken to ensure they don’t occur again. Both the Head Chef and Food & Beverage Manager have been spoken to, in order to rectify this going forward

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2011

Stayed here for just the one night. Excellent hotel, staff are fantastic. Micheala on reception is fantastic and made us feel very welcome. We have stayed here a few times now and will be returing in the next few weeks. Great little getaway, right next to everything you need in Harrogate. We did find the bar expensive however asda is just round the corner to pop in for a bottle of wine. Food is great, lots to choose from, the rooms are a little on the small side but huge beds and very, very clean. All round this is a fantastic hotel with great staff and if you get a bargain all the better. Loved it!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tancolledge
Dear Tancolledge

Thank you for glowing comments concerning the hotel and staff, Makaela in particularly was delighted to hear of your praise for her, I will ensure your feedback is passed onto all concerned as well.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Harrogate and if there is anything further I can help with then I would be delighted to assist you, please contact myself over the phone or via email, I can be contacted on 01423 849988 or on ops.hiharrogate@qmh-hotels.com

North London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2011

The staff are very helpful and friendly and the hotel is conveniently positioned right next door to Harrogate International Conference Centre.

We held a client dinner in one of the suites and the staff ensured all of our needs were met.

Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank SarahNorthLondon
Dear SarahNorthLondon

I was delighted to read of your praise for the team here at the hotel and I will be sure to pass this onto them. Fantastic news that everyone enjoyed the client dinner and we hope that we get to welcome you back next time your event is in Harrogate.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2011

I stayed here with two collegues 13/06/11 we found the hotel to be excellent,no problem parking an easy check-in a nice clean comfortable room to relax in(the tv set was a little retro)the bar was very modern the hotel is a 3 minute walk from the centre of the town a sound sleep was had by all and then a buffet breakfast the food was a wide variety from fresh fruit,yogurt and cearels to a traditional english cooked breakfast.I look forward to my next trip to Harrogate and the Holiday inn

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank sje100
Dear SJE100

I was most pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and spoke so positively about the staff here, I will pass on your comments to all as I know they love to get positive feedback.

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

excellent hotel, safe underground car park, lovely clean modern room with good view from window over harrogate (6th floor)
super breakfast, plenty of choice. very friendly helpful staff on check in and out. definately recommend. only downside is the drinks in the bar are very expensive, we found this the first time we stayed there, so on our last stay there we didn't drink in the hotel, plenty of nice pubs and eating places within walking distance for evening meal.

Room Tip: both times we have stayed we had lovely rooms
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Yorksgal2
Dear Rodders1

I’m delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your trip to Harrogate and your stay with us. The team take real pride in making a positive impact on guests during their stay and clearly it shows here, I will pass on your words of praise to them as I know that they love to hear how they have made a positive impact on the customers.

Solihull, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2011

I stayed for four nights at the Holiday Inn Harrogate situated next door to Harrogate International Centre and has views over the rolling Yorkshire Dales. It's a short walk to the sights of Harrogate. Guests can use facilities at the Harrogate Academy & Spa (5 minutes drive away), including a pool and tennis courts. A full English breakfast buffet is served daily in the Abbey Restaurant. The hotel has a bar serving light snacks and refreshments.
There are 3 lifts, accessible above the second floor only with use of a room key, corridors are wide though the carpeting on my floor was dark with an abstract pattern. The underground car park is large (150 cars) and clean.
Services include a mini gym – key available from Reception; High-speed Internet Access (£10 initial charge) and pay as you go in the lobby; Same day Dry Cleaning Pickup/Laundry and Safety Deposit Box available at Front Desk.
En-suite rooms offer pay movies on TV and a choice of pillows. There is complimentary tea and coffee. Facilities include direct dial phone; hairdryer and Iron / Ironing Board. All rooms are non-smoking. My room was about irregularly shaped, about 4m x 3m with a bathroom 2m x 2m. The room contained a double bed with a choice of pillows, a wooden headboard, desk and chair, wardrobe (without a top), easy chair and occasional table. 2 bedside shelves had bed lights with reading spotlights. A fan was provided. The television was old fashioned with only 8 channels. Reception was poor. The overall level of lighting was good and the black-out was effective. The carpet was striped orange and fawn and looked faded. The bathroom had a black tiled floor and marble wash basin and white bath with shower. The windows could be opened and the radiator was effective in heating the room.
The room was clean and adequately serviced. Toiletries were ample and towels crisp and clean. Bed Linen was crisp and I slept reasonably well. Toiletries were adequate and replaced every day, but the hospitality tray was limited (no biscuits).
The group I was with were provided with a 3 course carvery meal each night. Generally good, the vegetables served were disappointing. The buffet breakfast was good and plentiful. Service was generally good, though some of the party I was with had to wait a long time for wine they had ordered to arrive.
Little issues were: used items from the hospitality tray were not replaced on the second day; the television in the Bar is affected by use of mobile phones which causes the signal to cut out; the full length mirror was located in a corner of the room behind the occasional furniture; the Abbey restaurant is located along a winding corridor – almost ‘tucked away’ (the carpet in the corridor approach is very dark and worn!; service in the restaurant struggled to cope at busy times; several keycards of the group I was with stopped working during the stay; that included mine and I only got into that room on that occasion because the housekeeper had left the door ajar – poor!; a cup I had used was washed but left on the desk and not returned to the hospitality tray.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
IHGHIHarrogate, Manager at Holiday Inn, responded to this review, 30 June 2011
Dear Topkoppite

I was most concerned to read of the disappointing aspects of your stay, please accept my most sincere apologies for these being occurred, I have investigated into the issues experience and the relevant department heads have been spoken to and retraining issued where required.

Kind regards