“Pricey, but a nice hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn

Holiday Inn
Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in Harrogate
Winchester
“Pricey, but a nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2013

Stayed in the Holiday Inn next to the conference centre in Harrogate in Nov 12. Overall it was a pleasant 2-night stay.
As a Priority Card member I did feel slightly undervalued on arrival. My cardkey was just handed to me and I was asked about newspapers and wake-up calls. But I was not told which room I was in, or about the restaurant or breakfast timings etc! I did however receive a free room upgrade as a platinum PC member.
Room itself was a little on the small-side for an exec room, but had all the facilities you would expect and was decorated to a good standard.
However compared to other Holiday Inn's, I'm not sure this justifies the higher rate. Added to this you also have to pay for parking.
Bottom line is I would return to this hotel, it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGHIHarrogate, General Manager at Holiday Inn, responded to this review, 1 March 2013
Dear Lee T,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments following a recent stay at the Holiday Inn Harrogate, I would like to assure you that we value all feedback and use it to evaluate our customer’s experiences for the future.

I was concerned to read that as a valued PCR member you felt undervalued on arrival and would like to offer my apologies for this, I have instructed my Reception Manager to investigate into how we can improve this for the future.

Acting General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
Longridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2013

Request for early check-in was met with helpfulness and courtesy. Underground car park, at extra charge, with lift to floors. Room was of a good size, clean, tidy and comfortable. Within five minutes walking distance of town centre and even nearer to an abundance of restaurants. Decent pubs also nearby. Perhaps a little costly.

Dear AlanF,

I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and coming to Harrogate as a Destination. I do hope we see you again in the near future and if there is anything further I can help with then I would be delighted to assist you, please contact myself over the phone or via email, I can be contacted on 01423 849988 or on ops.hiharrogate@qmh-hotels.com.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here for 5 years now for work commitments. It's booked for me. It's a business hotel. Clean. Functional. Large. Bar is expensive but can be forgiven for the great barman Neil. Always very quick. My only real gripe is lack of free wifi. Still trying to extort very expensive fees through Swisscom. Not good enough. Anyway go to Breos across the road for amazing Italian food.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear DavidOHanlan79,

I was pleased to see that you enjoy staying here every year when here on business, I will of course note your comments regarding the WIFI charges for the future and pass on your thanks to Neil.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2013

we stayed here in-between Christmas and new year purposely to chill out and enjoy Harrogate.The hotel was very nice, clean and all the staff we came across was helpful and friendly which is always a good start to any break.the room and bathroom met all our requirements for the short time we stayed, we was on the top floor (12) so had a view of harrogate which was fine and there was never any problem getting a lift up or down as you seem to get priority by putting your key card in the slot provided in the lift.the breakfast was buffet and you would be hard not to be able to find something to kick start the day.i must say that one of the best things about the hotel is its position 2/3mins walk from the centre and even less to the street with all the restaurants on which was great your just spoilt for choice,there is a few pubs over the road 2mins walk which also did food in the evening.all in all i would stay here again and try more of the restaurants close by, such a good selection.you are charged for the car park £5 a night but on day of departure you can leave it there all day while you shop till late then like we did return in the hotel for a coffee before hitting the highway.it is a little tight parking but does its job,the hotel is easy to find and get to which again is nice.

Room Tip: ask for a view over the park would be nice other than that you get a town view ok if your on top flo...
Dear GlennH,

I was completely delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us during the festive period and that you also enjoyed Harrogate as a destination. I will of course ensure that your kind comments regarding the team are passed on.

Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2013

Good check in and friendly staff. Clear explanations on the car park situation too, which was helpful!

The room was ok, but I checked in when it was dark and trying to get ready there was a bit of a nightmare - the room had no proper lighting to speak of and one of the lights was broken. Luckily the bathroom was bright enough, but obviously without electricity points.

It was also freezing cold - and for the life of me I couldn't work out the radiator as whatever I did seemed to make no difference.

The bed was very comfortable and I slept well. Bedding was nice & clean, as were the towels.

This hotel would benefit from some management attention to detail such as broken lights, doors that need repainting (the bathroom door looked filthy) and certain curtains, tiles, flooring etc being refitted.

Location wise this hotel is great for the conference centre (right next door) and the centre of Harrogate.

Would stay here again through business, but not through personal choice.

Dear BobsHead,

I was of course very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us despite some minor issues with the room. I was surprised to read of these issues especially as I you didn’t (as far as I`m aware) flag them up with a member of the team here at the hotel, as we would have rectified these issues immediately for you. The lighting issues sounds like a trip switch had gone which if a bulb had blown sounds like a likely explanation. I would of course welcome further feedback about which bedroom you were in to address the decoration issues, we do run a continuous maintenance program to ensure that the product remains to standard but perhaps on this occasion something has gone awry.

Southport
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2013

We found the Hotel to be efficient and reasonable but somewhat more for the Business traveler. We stayed in a suite which was fine, but had issues with the TV remotes ... LOL. Using the same remote for two TV's of the same make can be funny!

Dear SLBooth,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, there should have been 2 remotes for the suite (1 for each TV), I have instructed Housekeeping to check all the suites to ensure this is the case.

Sunderland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2013

Having decided on Harrogate for Christmas shopping, my sister and I chanced upon an excellent offer from the above hotel. We were not disappointed as it was a real 'cracker!' From the nice room, friendly staff,very good, 'but very busy" breakfasts, evening meal with bottle of wine on first night, and tea and cakes in the lounge on both afternoons, we had a luxurious shopping break. The close proximity to Harrogate town centre and safe parking (£5 a day) was a real bonus. Two little niggles, our kettle didnt work and when reported, (twice) we had to wait several hours for a replacement. We also found the service in the resturant very slow, but the bottle of wine, good food, and the apologetic staff, helped us to endure the wait. For our first stay at a Holiday Inn, it was an excellent two days and we will certainly return.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Dear Gardener 670,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you found the Hotel to your liking, please accept my apologies for the niggles that occurred, they are certainly not acceptable and I have discussed them with the team here.