“Business Trip” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in Harrogate
Lincoln, England, United Kingdom
“Business Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2013

Pre booked via Hotelscene for 5 night stay , the room given was on 7th floor , excellent quick check-in , room very spacious and clean , breakfast taken with token charged to room saves £5 a day and they are usual hotel style buffet which was 'hot' not luke warm like most .The location is really good with only a short walk into the centre of Harrogate where you will find a excellent variety of eateries and bars . I am booked into the Holiday Inn for another visit at the end of Feb so i really hope i have the same experience as this visit .

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Andy B
IHGHIHarrogate, General Manager at Holiday Inn, responded to this review, 1 March 2013
Dear Andy B,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments following a recent stay at the Holiday Inn Harrogate, I would like to assure you that we value all feedback and use it to evaluate our customer’s experiences for the future.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular you found the service to be of a high standard, I will of course ensure that your kind comments are passed onto the team involved.

I do hope we see you again in the near future and if there is anything further I can help with then I would be delighted to assist you, please contact myself over the phone or via email, I can be contacted on 01423 849988 or on ops.hiharrogate@qmh-hotels.com.

Acting General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
north west uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013

the hotel is a decent standard and in a good location - 2 mins walk will bring you to the shops, bars and restaurants.
room was a decent size, comfy bed and a really good breakfast. Bar service was quick and not too expensive. all in all a good stay and would definately stay here again on another trip to harrogate.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Kiwitripper,

bedale
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

Second time we have stayed here for a weekend break and overall it's an ideal venue in a good location, The staff were friendly and helpful even though we had to wait a long time for someone to appear behind the bar when we arrived. However what annoyed me was that we decided to upgrade to an executive room, reasonable extra charge but you do expect a decent room, which on first glance it was, but.... my wife dropped something on the floor and discovered somebody's broken arm from a pair of glasses, also the broken plastic cover off the chair arm. On further examination of the chair it was just about falling to bits, not difficult things for a cleaner to spot As we went out on the evening I told the receptionist who was very apologetic and gave us a voucher for a complimentary drink, very nice but as I pointed out I would rather have had a clean room that had been checked and decent furniture. She promised to pass my concerns on, who knows whether she did. On our return we did have a new chair in the room! Overall I would recommend this hotel but as another reviewer said it's part of a chain and it just lacks attention to detail.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jeff f
Dear Jeff F,

Please accept my most sincere apologies for the lack of attention to detail with specific regards to the cleanliness in your bedroom. I have discussed the issues with the Housekeeping Manager and I am confident that this will improve for the future. In terms of the bedroom chair we are currently sourcing a suitable chair to replace throughout.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2013

Visited hotel during course recently food of excellent standard and location to Harrogate centre is good.Did not stay here so cannot comment on accommodation standard.

Car park is under hotel so is handy and you get rates for day at £5 which is good !

Dear Jon T,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments following a recent conference at the Holiday Inn Harrogate, I would like to assure you that we value all feedback and use it to evaluate our customer’s experiences for the future.

Its always nice when we receive reviews of our conference offering here at the hotel, so I was delighted to read your review and the praise that followed, I will pass this onto to the teams involved.

Telford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

We could not wait to leave,we were there for a exhibition,we were given wrong rooms on check in,unhelpful staff in restraunt,cold,depressing however Harrogate has somenice shopping for my wife.
NEVER AGAIN will we stay in a H.I

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank scarlettandevie
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn, responded to this review, 5 February 2013
Dear scarlettandevie,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the unacceptable service you received during your stay with us. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

Visited again for business on 22nd January and I still cannot really fault the place, by a distance the best HI I have stayed at. I wanted a room on a high floor and sure enough this was granted by email 1 day before arrival. I was on the 9th floor and as the hotal has a great position in the centre of Harrogate the view was great. Check in and check out were extremely quick, the breakfast and service was excellent as were the staff who seem to be 95% English, this does really help as I have had difficulties in the past at making myself understood at other hotels including HI's when the staff are European or Asian,this is not a racist comment but an honest one.
I will return here next January for sure!

Room Tip: Go for a high floor
1 Thank Dutchy777
Dear Dutchy777,

I was delighted to see that you love staying at the Holiday Inn Harrogate so much! It really is a pleasure to welcome back our advocate guests who return over and over. Thank you for your kind comments about the team which I will of course pass on to them.

Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013 via mobile

Got a good deal on Groupon for this hotel.
Not as modern as some I've stayed in but met our expectations. Wouldn't want to pay the full price to stay here.

Great location, 5 minute walk to the shops and bars.

Multi storey car par - charge payable.

Breakfast - your average buffet.

The one selling point, the views were great!

Met our needs for the one night away.

• Stayed April 2012
Dear Faye M,

I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and the visit to Harrogate was to your liking.