The Crown Hotel
Cedar Court Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$67
Cairn Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$72
  • Breakfast included
Ascot House Hotel Harrogate(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$74
US$83
US$81
  • Pool
Old Swan Hotel(Harrogate)
US$166
US$119
The West Park Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$118
  • Restaurant
Hotel du Vin and Bistro(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$110
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Harrogate(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$54
Rudding Park Hotel(Follifoot)
US$360
1,467 results
All reviewschurchill roomlimited parkingcreaky floorboardsfloor boardsparking spacecentral locationold buildingcar parklovely hotelreception areavalley gardensbuffet stylebreakfast roombreakfast was excellentplenty of choicewould stay againbars and restaurants
Reviewed 29 May 2014

stayed here for the Harrogate flower show big bedrooms and nice and clean comfy beds and towels hotel is very central for shopping hotel is very clean and the food evening meals was good breakfast was really good you had a great choice and the breakfast dinning room was very grand I would stay here again and would recommend it to anybody for a weekend away

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
CrownHotel200, Guest Relations Manager at The Crown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear nifty50wigan
Thank you for taking time to write a review and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and would recommend others to stay.
I have passed on your comments about the cleanliness of the room and towels to the Head Housekeeper as she is always pleased when the hard work of her staff is noticed and commented on. I am also pleased that you enjoyed the food, especially the breakfast which the chefs are rightly proud of.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you next visit Harrogate.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed here on business and found it very good overall. Good location, car parking, very nice food, good bars, clean room, warm but a bit tired. Would definitely stay again if visiting the frozen North

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear HAR225
Thank you for taking time to write a review and I am pleased that you liked the hotel and that you would stay with us again.
I am also pleased that you found the hotel clean and warm (a must up here in the Arctic) and that you enjoyed the food - we have a very talented Head Chef and kitchen team.
We are looking to refurbish some bedrooms later on this year as it has been a few years since they were last done. Hopefully if you do stay again this will be underway.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I was booked in here on a business trip whilst visiting the Harrogate France Show. The hotel is very charming and the reception rooms are very grand especially the Breakfast room. The bedrooms whilst may not be particularly modern are clean and comfortable. The reception staff were very knowledgable however Kim in the bar/bistro was exceptional, nothing was too much trouble and her customer service is excellent. Recommend highly but don't forget it is an old building!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear AmandaJ86
Thank you for taking time to write a review and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Crown and that you liked the hotel.
I am also pleased that you liked our large reception rooms and found your room clean and comfortable.
I have passed on your comments about Kim to her and her line manager as being singled out for praise gives staff a boost.
I do hope that if you visit Harrogate in the future you stay with us again.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

After staying here 2 years ago to attend a wedding I was more than happy to book again for another wedding. However, was very annoyed that I couldn't just book one night and had to book 2 nights. At a cost of £255 me and my partner decided to make a weekend of it as we don't get away much due to work.
When we arrived on Friday we were greeted by a sullen looking receptionist who was not at all helpful. When asked about car parking she directed us to a public carpark. After spending £255 I expect my car to be parked nearby!!
We checked into our room that was basic! Very small and dated! Bathroom was clean, but the sink was cracked. A small, uncomfortable bed with 2 thin pillows.
Saturday morning brought more disappointment having to set our alarm at half 7 so that we could go and buy another carpark ticket. Me and my partner work hard and a weekend away should include a lie in with a relaxing morning, not expecting to get up to buy a ticket for my car!!!!
When I asked reception if they could book a taxi to take us to the church for the wedding, the same sullen receptionist told me there was a phone to use and she just pointed!!!
I will not be staying here again and will look elsewhere!! Overpriced and rude staff.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Younglady85
CrownHotel200, Guest Relations Manager at The Crown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Yorkshirelady85
Thank you for taking time to write a review and I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay.
No-one is EVER made to stay at the hotel longer than they need to. My only thought is that you may have requested an early check-in on Saturday morning but as the hotel was full on Friday night and check-in is from 3pm, the only way to guarantee you have a room to get changed in is to stay the night before. This is a common suggestion in any hotel and one where it is up to the guest to decide not for the hotel to enforce.
The Crown Hotel is over 400 years old and in the middle of the town, with a roundabout at the front of the building and flats behind, so not a lot of space for a car park. I am sure that on your visit here 2 years ago you will have noted that there is limited parking and as we have 114 bedrooms and around 40 car parking spaces we cannot accommodate every guest, much as we'd like to. We do not advertise hotel parking on our web site however the spaces we do have are free, unlike other hotels in Harrogate that charge. The receptionists will point out local on-street parking but that's all they can do and cannot be held accountable for parking being scarce around the hotel, especially if the town is busy which it was on Friday evening. I will however speak to the Reception Manager about the response you received when asking to book a taxi.
I am sorry that you thought the pillows in your room thin as they are fairly new, however there were 2 more pillows in your wardrobe as noted in the Guest Information Folder.
I am sorry that you won't be staying with us in the future.
Regards

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Harrogate is stunning as is the building that houses the Crown Hotel, unfortunately the rooms do not live up to expectations. Very small, with old fashioned furniture, dark tones that make it feel even smaller, and a very average bathroom. The floorboards were also in need of relaying in our room and along the corridor to the lift. Breakfast was buffet style and average. The big plus is that the position of the hotel is central and in walking distance of all the town's amenities.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear familycoxon
Thank you for taking time to write a review and I am pleased that you think the hotel building is lovely. The Crown is over 450 years old and as one of the first of the coaching inns built in Harrogate is in an excellent central position in the town for shopping and sightseeing.
Some of the rooms at the back of the hotel can be a little dark and the room that you were in has older furniture which is darker than that in other rooms. The bedrooms were last refurbished 7 years ago and we are looking to redo some rooms later on in the year. Whilst we are refurbishing we will also be looking at solving the problem of the creaky floorboards both in rooms and along the corridors.
I do hope that should you come back to Harrogate you will stay with us again to enjoy the hotel's central position.