Cairn Hotel
Crowne Plaza Harrogate(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$108
CrownePlaza.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Cedar Court Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$87
The West Park Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$153
  • Restaurant
The Crown Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$112
US$104
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Rudding Park Hotel(Follifoot)
US$449
Hotel du Vin and Bistro(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$151
Travelocity
Kimberley Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$127
  • Restaurant
Ascot House Hotel Harrogate(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$131
Priceline
Old Swan Hotel(Harrogate)
US$158
US$125
Travelocity
1,581 results
All reviewscarvery styletown centregroupon deala large car parkthird floorsuperior roomlovely old hotelmain courselarge hotelevening mealreception areafire alarmbiscuitsold buildingreception staffsunday nightbit dated
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 July 2013

My boyfriend & I, stayed here for 3 nights to attend a wedding. He is a non tea-drinker but I was amazed as he sipped his tea and commented that it was delicious ! We were happy with the full English breakfast and overall service from the staff. We had a room that backed onto the gardens and it was really peaceful, we slept well in the comfortable beds & pillows and enjoyed the bath with free toiletries. The building has been restored well and it's an impressive structure, yes the decor is a little faded but who cares? It has character and was just a short 5-10 min stroll downhill to the baths & tea rooms. I would gladly book again.

1  Thank donna c
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Came with slight trepidation but found staff very friendly helpful, in what was once a very grand hotel. Would be fabulous if carefully restored, meanwhile it was good value at £65 including two huge breakfasts. Like a time warp to 50 years ago but in its way quite lovely.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank philipgregory
Reviewed 11 July 2013

When booking the Hotel the reservations ' sold' me their Family Room as only 3 rooms were left . I booked it and told them that I would be arriving at around 11pm.
When I subsequently arrived I was given a small room without a bath . When I complained it was a matter of take it or leave it and I had little choice to reject it as it was so late.

I was woken up by the Hotel staff at 8.45am knocking on my door , indicative of poorly trained staff in a hurry.

The gentleman who was serving the breakfast was not available for the last 5 mins and i had to serve myself, once more indicative of poorly motivated staff hoping that no-one else will come and require serving at the very end of breakfast. When he came back at 9.30 I mentioned this to him but his English was so poor he did not have a clue what I was saying , or perhaps he was acting . In any case he offered no apology.

All these points were raised before I left but they simply did not care . I did get a discount of £20 but only when I pressed for it .
I will never stay at this Hotel again as they have little regard for their paying customers.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Never been to Harrogate before and had booked the Cairn Hotel on line. What a pleasant surprise, we were made to feel very welcome, and were given a choice of two rooms as there was a dance on that evening. We were not disturbed. There was a very pleasant atmosphere and the food we had was very good. The service was excellent and it was nice to see such a spacious car park albeit there were two marquees there. We did enjoy our stay at the Cairns and in Harrogate. We will be back.

Room Tip: The rooms on the back of the hotel are quieter if there is a function
1  Thank Sandmartin2
Reviewed 5 July 2013

My wife and I had a very pleasant stay at the Cairn Hotel in Harrogate. Stayed for four nights on a bed and breakfast basis.
There was plenty of car parking space when we arrived, however it did fill up quickly through the day, but there was an over spill facility.
The hotel is a great Victorian building with lots of character.
We were greeted by a friendly receptionist and checked in very quickly, our room was on the first floor and there is a lift. We were asked if we needed help with our luggage, which even though wasn`t required it is very nice to be asked.
Our room was small but clean and would suffice for our stay.... however... mid way through our first day, lucky we were in, there was a small water leak from the room above, which leaked into our wardrobe, the reception were informed and maintenance arrived in no time at all to sort it out. Our first night was disturbed by some anti- social person who had their tv on most of the night....
We made a complaint to reception the following morning and their reaction was first class. We were upgraded to another room with Club Class ! Bath robes and gift pack with wine etc in the room plus free morning paper.
The hotel staff were all very good, very helpful at all times.
Breakfasts were hearty buffet style and plenty of it ! Bacon/ Sausage , all the trimmings. Available in your room for a supplement.
We ate one evening in the bar area, and we had steaks , which were nicely done.
The hotel is quite large and there were several functions on during our stay, but the hotel coped very well with all the things that were going on.
The hotel must have been fantastic in it`s time, however it does need a face lift in some areas.
Harrogate centre is just a short stroll down hill, but it can seem a long way back up the hill.
Valley Gardens park is beautiful and look out for Hales bar for a pint or two....
Would I go back to the Cairn... Yes definitely.. Thank you for the upgrade..

Room Tip: Rooms near the back of the hotel were quieter.