“Excellent all rounder”

Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels in Harrogate
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent all rounder”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

Had an absolute marvellous stay last week. Much more appreciated now that I've had to stay in a different hotel. The difference is quite noticeable. Staff are professional at all times and are more than willing to accommodate you whatever the problem might be. The food is excellent with a wide choice of bar meals too as well as fine dining in the restaurant. The rooms are great and clean. Had a very comfortable stay for 5 days. Well done to all at the Hotel

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (452)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

Short & sweet review:
Everything was fine on the check-in day, however I did feel that the young foreign lady on the desk was a bit stretched dealing with 5 guests on her own.
The room was an excellent size and the room was spotless (apart from the mosquito buzzing around).
The supply of towels in the bathroom was quite poor.
We decided not to have breakfast as every hotel we stay in is the same - buffet style all you can eat.

The final thing I'd like to mention is the fact that a member of cleaning staff decided to bang on my door at approximately 0930hrs and then let herself in. This caused me to have a migraine for the rest of the day due to waking up in a shock-state.

All in all, I was happy with the stay.

• Stayed August 2013
Martinez, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed 5 nights. It was our home base for exploring Yorkshire. The staff were great , room comfortable. It was hot when we were there and the room was very warm, a portable fan was provided and was a big help. Room service food was good. Thanks and we will be back :)

• Stayed August 2013
Knaresborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

stayed saturday night for a friends wedding, great venue and a great atmosphere, the rooms were very comfortable and were excelent value for money. The staff were friendly and very helpful both at the wedding and for the great breakfast, we were surprised to see some of the staff who served during the wedding were also serving at breakfast especially Sian who even though she must have been very tired was still pleasant and helpful as she had been during the wedding celebrations. Would definately stay at Cedar court again

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

fao The Manager

Dear Sir Madam

I would like to bring to your attention a major failure of customer service at your Hotel.

Firstly may I say that the staff we dealt with all had a pleasing manner and were very helpful.

Sadly I have to report that Room 407 was a big disappointment, every piece of wallpaper was pealing off the wall at the seams, there was a hole in the wall from the room door handle, there was a hole by the coffee facilities and the loo would not flush without two, three or four depressions of the handle. However what really incensed us was that, having been at a wedding all day, to arrive back to our room after midnight to find it had not been serviced. It was too late to ring down but you can imagine our dismay.

I mentioned this to reception when I checked out, to be informed that rooms on that floor are going through "refurbishment". May I respectfully suggest that an apology before access to the room would not leave your clients with the impression that the hotel is run down. Perhaps even a complimentary bottle of wine, it costs so little to ensure bad reports are not circulated. As to the Maid Service, reception did say sorry and said she would have a word with housekeeping.

At this point I had to remind reception that I still had breakfast to pay for, funnily, as we got outside we reasoned we could have walked out without paying, but, she could have just as easily placated me by saying "I am sorry for the inconvenience caused and as we had forgotten your bill, forget it."

If that had happened I would not be writing this letter and I would probably be praising your establishment instead of the opposite.

Yours faithfully

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Debbie_Dilasser, Public Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Cedar Court Hotel, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Dear Charlesbarber
I understand my colleague Lyndsey Gibbs, Hotel Sales Manager has responded directly to the email you sent to us to the same effect as this review. I trust your comments have been responded to off line.
Kind Regards
Cedar Court Hotel
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

Arranged this hotel through tesco club card reward scheme as a special mid summer weekend treat for myself and my husband. we arrived mid afternoon, dumped our bags and went back down to get something to eat from the bar menu. The girl who served us was very friendly and chatted to us how to get to town etc and what was in town, this friendliness continued throughout our stay with the staff going out of their way to help - a lovely treat these days. The bedroom, however, was hot and i did struggle with the heat, i wished i had known about the fans you can borrow from reception earlier. We had meals in the brassiere for 2 nights and were blown away by the quality of the food on the table d;hote menu £20 for 3 courses plus tasters with compliments of the chef to start off the meal - this chef knows what he's doing. Even when there were 2 weddings to cater for the standard did not fall. The breakfasts were again well presented and plentiful, quality was outstanding - obviously the local producers which are sourced by the hotel account a lot for the quality of the food. Even when we checked out - the friendly receptionist asked what we were going to do for the day and I mentioned that we had thought about going to harewood house and it just so happened that the hotel had bought a bundle of tickets and we could buy ours there and save some money - result. We would definitely go back to this hotel.

Lincolnshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

I have stayed in the majority of the Harrogate hotels on business and pleasure, and I have to say that I am not impressed with any of them until I came across the Cedar Court !!! I have never understood why large corporate Hotel Receptionists are so aloof, but not here, the two ladies on reception that I encountered on check in and out where a credit to the Hotel and service industry in general, Tina and Lucy where so welcoming and proffessional, exactly how the first and last impression of a Hotel should be.The room was comfortable, cool and recently refurbished which looked over the front gardens which was more than peaceful. Breakfast was a real treat, a full English well presented and perfectly cooked.

Overall, by far the best hotel in Harrogate (including Rudding Park), with the most friendly staff that I have come across, I will definately be back soon.