“Lovely hotel, and a breakfast to die for! ”

Best Western Plus Cedar Court Hotel
Ranked #12 of 30 Hotels in Harrogate
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for my fiancee's birthday via groupon. Upon arrival we arrived at reception to check in, the reception staff were so friendly and could not do more for you if you had a problem. The bar was very good but as you would expect the pints were bit overpriced, but the bar staff were excellent. Rooms were nice and cosy but I have to agree with others, could do with updating decor wise. Harrogate centre only a ten minute walk away via the back of hotel, I recommend Monteys Rock and Roll Bar down The Ginnell, good beer deals and cocktails all reasonbly priced. On to the Oscar Award of this hotel is the breakfast. Absolutely delicious, all you can eat Full English breakfast buffet, and if your a vegetarian there is plenty of cereal or fruit plus toast or bread etc. All in all would recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to stay in Harrogate. And a tip to anyone fancying some posh grub, try the Brassiere resturaunt within the hotel or if you fancy some pub grub there is also food available in the main bar.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Debbie_Dilasser, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Cedar Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Thanks for such a wonderful review! We think our breakfasts are amazing also. A great way to start your day. See you again soon hopefully.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

When I booked this hotel I upgraded to a superior room.When we arrived,the room appeared to be a normal standard room.I couldn't remember what extras that the room was supposed to have as I had not made a note of them.The room was very nice but would have been better with the extras.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. If you had made us aware that you thought you were missing some upgrade items we could have looked into this for you and clarified the situation to avoid any confusion whilst you were with us. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

We treated ourselves to a night away in Harrogate and booked in here.

Checking in was rather chaotic as only one person was working the desk.

When we arrived at our room, it definitely had the wow factor. Lovely and spacious. A huge bed with the best pillows I had ever come across in a hotel. Everything you needed was there. I loved the privacy panel between the room and the door. We had a great nights sleep.

Location wise, it was about a 10min walk into the town and there was plenty of parking

Breakfast was average, usual buffet style help yourself. Plenty of selection but nothing to shout about.

Check out - again chaotic

On the whole though, we had a lovely night away and will return

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Debbie_Dilasser, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Cedar Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Thank you for your review. It's great to hear you were wowed by your bedroom and had a restful night sleep on our very comfy pillows! Sometimes if lots of people check in and out at the same time it does create a very busy reception area but I am glad this did not detract from your wonderful weekend. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

very comfortable nice surroundings good food and choice. helpful staff, plenty of interest in surrounding countryside. rooms were well appointed and very clean. hotel very quiet atmosphere private on site parking available. free fast wifi in rooms although being picky having to change access code every 24hrs a pain(for each device) town center 10min stroll lots of places to visit in and around the town(reccomend montpellier pub for good food.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Thank you for your kind review. It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

We had a weekend family get together at Cedar Court Harrogate. We were 7 couples. We had dinner in a private room(Oak Suite) to avoid disturbing other diners ie 14 round one table, inevitably, we would be a bit noisy. (OK main dining room is beautiful room but high ceiling and lacking in atmosphere. Was fine for breakfast) Overall we had a fantastic weekend, food excellent, choice outstanding, all staff very helpful & pleasant, lovely & clean twin bedded room. Room was on back of hotel, better views on front but probably higher rate.
Overall very good value for money and highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank CharlieLS22

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are delighted to hear you had a wonderful family weekend and I am so pleased you enjoyed our excellent food and service. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Booked our stay 4 weeks in advance and requested gluten free bread for breakfast. When checking in I mentioned my request and was told no problem,it's on your booking.
Sadly at breakfast the next day when I asked the Maître'd for my bread I was told they had none, I asked why as it was on my booking & I had checked the day before, she just reiterated that they had none and was not bit interested. Very disappointed as we have stayed in many hotels & this is the first time in years that my request has not been accommodated.
The reception staff were much more apologetic than the Maître 'd and on check out the hotel had made a gesture and did not charge our bar bill which was less than the charge for 2 breakfasts.

Such a shame because we visit Harrogate numerous times a year and overall the hotel was very pleasant but sadly we will not be returning to Cedar Court.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I am very disappointed to hear that we didn't provide you with gluten free bread. We cater for many special diets with success so I am looking into why we didn't have your bread for you when it was clearly on your booking. Please accept our sincere apologies. I am however pleased to see that our Reception team offered their apologies and in lieu of no gluten free bread did not charge you for your bar drinks as compensation. We would love to welcome you back again and I would personally oversee that your special requests be dealt with.