“Another Successful Stay at this Excellent hotel”

Best Western Plus Cedar Court Hotel
Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels in Harrogate
Yorkshire Riviera
“Another Successful Stay at this Excellent hotel”
Reviewed 27 April 2009

This was our third stay at this Hotel. It is an ideal location for attending events at the Yorkshire Showground and Harlow Carr Gardens. The big plus is plenty of car park space a rare thing in Harrogate. There seems to be little turn over of Staff and this is reflected in the friendly and efficient service we received in all areas. Our front facing executive room was spacious and well presented, with complementary fruit and water.
My one continuing gripe as mentioned in my previous reviews is the neolithic televisions these rooms contain, forget about sky welcome to sparkle vision, at least this visit the set was able to receive the local radio.Food wise the club sandwich served in the bar was good as were the chunky chips. Breakfasts were excellent with good choice and well cooked and hot. Can't really come to terms with tables for six in what is really quite a palacial breakfast room. Look forward to our next visit for the Great Yorkshire Show in July.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NorthSeaDrifter_9

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (457)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
macclesfield
Reviewed 22 April 2009

good location close to centre overlooking park
rooms cold
away for weekend on rugby tour under 12s alot of the boys developed sickness and diarrhea

• Stayed April 2009
Manchester
Reviewed 29 March 2009

Just reutned from a one night stay at the Cedar Court Hotel Harrogate. We got the room via expedia for £58 room only and felt it was good value for money. Checkin was quick and painless, the room were large and clean. Not to mant TV channels and the rooms were cold even with the heater on. The locaiton is nice overlooking the some green fields. Bar staff were proffesional but the drinks are expenisve. Overall for £59 yes but not I would feel a little cheated paying anymore than £65.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
Leeds
Reviewed 30 December 2008

I stayed at the Cedar Court Hotel on 30th Dec 2008, the first of two nights. I am writing this review from my room at 2am as I cannot sleep due to the noise from the shoe buffer.

Crazy you mighy think, but I was unfortunate enough to have a room located on the 2nd floor adjacent to the lifts where the shoe buffer is located.

I am happy with the Hotel in respect of room condition, comfort and cleanliness, but I have been rudely awoken on no less than 4 occasions tonight so far.

The first time I was woke up (10pm) the noise was so bad I thought that it was an earthquake!

As I left my room to see what was happening all became clear...... two men were using the shoe buffer right outside my room.

I asked them to stop but all they could say is that they were preparing for a wedding the following day. On contacting reception to complain I was told "It is against our policy to tell people to stop buffing " and that it was "tough" .

Hopefully they will stop buffing soon so I can get some sleep!

• Liked — Ample car parking
  • Disliked — The shoe buffer noise.
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank charlie1111Leeds
Rugby
Reviewed 3 November 2008

Firstly having booked on their website, I found that they had charged my debit card TWICE! I complained and It took a week for my money to be refunded back into my bank account.

When we arrived at the Hotel, we checked into our room. As we walked in, you could smell vomit.

Between the two beds was a damp patch of vomit, which had not been properly cleaned up.

In addition to this 3 of the lights didn't work, nor did the TV. The net curtains were grubby and everytime someone left or entered their rooms, their was an almighty bang (the door closers are broken).

When I complained to the duty manager, I was offered no apology or room upgrade.

I have since left 3 messages for the Hotel Manager to call me and have had no response.

THIS IS WITHOUT DOUBT THE WORST HOTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED IN - BUYER BEWARE!

• Liked — Absolutely nothing
  • Disliked — The vomit on the carpet
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with friends
3 Thank Matt992264OP
Cheshire, UK
Reviewed 26 October 2008

Only stayed one night and got a function rate but was very dissapointed to see a better rate advertised later. Hotel didn't want to know about making any adjustments. In a lovely location but to make the most, ask for a room overlooking the Stray not one overlooking the back car-park! Small room but OK, clean and tidy. Compact bathroom but again, OK. I'm sure they have much better rooms than that! Breakfast was served in what appeared to be the ballroom for no other reason than they didn't seem to have a proper restaurant! I have had much better breakfasts in other 4* hotels and this really wasn't up to the required standard. All the staff are friendly, even though (or perhaps!) most of them are East European. Book a room only and eat in the famous Betty's tea shop!!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Breakfast
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank leoCheshire_UK
Stockport England
Reviewed 11 September 2008

Stayed here one night at the end of August.

Hotel is in a great location, overlooking a large green and within easy walkinging distance of the town centre ( 5 mins ).

Room was very clean, standard rooms are an ok size and furnishings and decoration were in good order.

Staff were all very friendly and helpfull, reception staff in particular.

Breakfast was a large running buffet of good quality. Breakfast is served in a large function room with most tables set for 6 persons.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple